Active Topics

Originally Posted by Hakki_01 View Post
other questions for N950 users:

when you put a birthday in the contact details, I suppose it's showed in the calendar (but without an alarm). Is this kind of event also shown in the notification screen? I loved this feature on symbian and seem to forget birthdays when using iphone
I tried adding a test contact with a birthday today. Nothing showed up in the events view. I'll try adding one for tomorrow and see if it shows up.
Next one: when browsing a long website and you scrolled down a lot, is there a possibility to go to top of page fast? (without scrolling back up) Clicking on "status menu bar" shows quick options?
No, there is no fast way to scroll all the way back up. But I should add that the browser all in all seems a bit unfinished, with such features as bookmarks, history and find in page missing (if I'm not just looking in the wrong places). I suspect these will be added later, and maybe the reverse scroll will be too.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as status menu bar? Are you thinking of the status bar showing battery level, time, network info etc?

The Following User Says Thank You to dragly For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dragly View Post
I tried adding a test contact with a birthday today. Nothing showed up in the events view. I'll try adding one for tomorrow and see if it shows up.

No, there is no fast way to scroll all the way back up. But I should add that the browser all in all seems a bit unfinished, with such features as bookmarks, history and find in page missing (if I'm not just looking in the wrong places). I suspect these will be added later, and maybe the reverse scroll will be too.

I'm not sure what you are referring to as status menu bar? Are you thinking of the status bar showing battery level, time, network info etc?
Yes, status menu bar = bar with network info etc. (but that doesn't work because it gives you the possibility to change settings). I had the same impression on the browser.. hope they will update it soon

About the calender items.. Maybe it doesn't work for birthdays. How are other items showed, only when you set an alarm and it goes of or it shows upcoming events for the day?

Yes, status menu bar = bar with network info etc. (but that doesn't work because it gives you the possibility to change settings). I had the same impression on the browser.. hope they will update it soon

About the calender items.. Maybe it doesn't work for birthdays. How are other items showed, only when you set an alarm and it goes of or it shows upcoming events for the day?
Only after the alarm goes off. That is in my opinion not optimal, though. I do too like to have birthdays, events, etc. visible in a home view rather than hidden in a calendar.

Only after the alarm goes off. That is in my opinion not optimal, though. I do too like to have birthdays, events, etc. visible in a home view rather than hidden in a calendar.
thx for your feedback!

The Following User Says Thank You to Hakki_01 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Make sure there is a calendar "Birthdays" (or named similarly) enabled in the calendar properties. I have added few birthdays to my contacts and when I selected their dates in the calendar, they are shown there. This calendar "Birthdays" was created by the Contacts application automatically.

Also, by default this event has no reminder set in its properties

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
You can write a small app that takes data from a calendar and pushes it to Events view.

Thx for the answers! New question
When someone calls and phone is locked, a green bar appears on the bottom of the screen.. It dances up and down à bit and shows the name and small picture. Isn't it possible to show picture on the whole screen and show the green swipe bar? That seems à lot nicer and easier to see who is calling.

When phone is not locked, how does a phone call appear?

im not sure about the full screen contact photo during the lock screen, although im sure its possible. reminder that there is only a few people that have actually changed the lockscreen-wallpaper.

as for a call while its not locked, shows up with 3 buttons answer/reject/mute with the user photo, number listed. exactly like how its displayed after you swipe the lock screen to answer a call.

Also keep in mind, pictures would need to be scaled and would look absolutely horrid unless they were stored at a higher res.

On all the videos that I have seen i noticed that after clicking on messaging icon, you get the choice (on the bottem) between send SMS or chat. But where can you see the messages you already received? Is it on top of those buttons or how does it work?

Tags
n950 review, troll >, who cares.