Active Topics

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Wish we had android running as an os on the N900.
Actually yes you do its called NitDROID

Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
Acer Iconia Smart - I want that hardware!

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/14/a...ands-on-video/

Really I wish they just made an Asus Padfone with whatever Linux OS.

The Following User Says Thank You to te37v For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
Actually yes you do its called NitDROID
It's not quite Android... close enough to pass for Android, though, since it's based on it--but some of the things (like standard mount locations, system files, etc.) aren't necessarily in the right place and it's not implemented with full support, so there's lots of things that don't run well or not at all on it, but it strives for compatibility and seems to run most (?) apps fine. Still... not quite Android, which is why I can't answer most of those questions people keep asking about weird mountpoints in Nitdroid.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The official pricing of Thinkpad has been announced
http://www.netbooknews.com/31527/len...rops-in-price/
its base model is 479 USD and it will be released on August 23rd.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Does anybody know how to alter the Android Toast announcements? They're framework-res.apk based, and the ugly teal on the Atrix Gingerbread update - they used to be charcoal grey background with white text - is annoying me.

If you alter the framework res directly, the filesizes usually don't match up and might cause probs.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Nothing's changed since the last time you've asked the same question... you might want to ask in the NITDroid thread instead.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ indonesia
Hi all
I downloaded the games via maemo5 Nitdroid and want to install in Nitdroid, but he asked for connections via wifi.
All I could expect connections via GPRS. Anyone who can help me say thank you.

I know the may be old news or off topic but everyone here seems to be Samsung Fans. So here is funny commercial from Samsung in Korea advertising the 1st gen Galaxy Tab.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_9z9X1fks
On a side note I would take Yuna Kim to My Galaxy (Insert perverted comment here).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Does anybody know how to alter the Android Toast announcements? They're framework-res.apk based, and the ugly teal on the Atrix Gingerbread update - they used to be charcoal grey background with white text - is annoying me.

If you alter the framework res directly, the filesizes usually don't match up and might cause probs.
Try out this tutorial:
http://www.androidpeople.com/android...toast-tutorial

If nothing else works, you could try this:
http://hustleplay.wordpress.com/2009...android-toast/

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Nothing's changed since the last time you've asked the same question... you might want to ask in the NITDroid thread instead.
I suspect the Epic Android thread is the last remaining thread with useful posts--so this is where they end up coming? Poor talk.MAEMO.org is just a shell of its former self lately. :P
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
i think "the problem" is that you just spammed a dozen threads with the same question and blew any chance of getting help from this forum

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy