The ElGamal on the video is a tag, like a signature. Maybe related to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ElGamal_signature_scheme

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Except my ancient Motorola Droid, a device quickly reaching two years old now, is STILL able to run a majority of the new stuff that comes out in the Android Market with no sign of being left behind anytime soon. And then, still, Google seperated out their closed-source from the operating system more and more to the point where you aren't REQUIRED (or even assumed) to have Google's apps--not even the launcher (desktop application). Meanwhile, Nokia placed MORE closed-source in and even locked down the UI. Near as I can tell, the Android people mention open-source, but don't necessarily go around advertising open-source as a main feature like Maemo did. The Android folks appear to be doing a better job of open-sourcing than Nokia ever did with the exception of pure MeeGo contributions--and they even walked away from that. Thanks to that openness, I've been able to throw the latest, bleeding edge CyanogenMod (a community made) distribution of Android onto my Motorola Droid... and we're being told that there is still plenty of life left to these old devices under Android. Meanwhile, we're STILL waiting for the Fremantle source that Nokia promised to open to the community to backport to the N8x0's, nevermind Harmattan. Sadly, point goes to Android--and that's the most disappointing part: It was supposed to be BETTER, not the same or worse. So much for the obsolesce argument in Maemo vs Android.
Also n900 can run most new QT apps even better on n900CE and is actually developed by oss consultgants inside and outside Nokia.

People seems to ignore this facts and instead sitting here and lie about Nokia not suppoft n900 whnen the actuallyh do.

N900CE is the most open platform so far still people whineså about not open and is too lazy to test it!!

IMHO the posts about N9 competition should be moved to another thread.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pillum For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
317 is an Eisenstein prime (3n − 1)

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Mauritius
Code-breakers, this might help you...

http://www.antifraudlabs.com/present...y_ElGamal.aspx

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cm6 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Also n900 can run most new QT apps even better on n900CE and is actually developed by oss consultgants inside and outside Nokia.

People seems to ignore this facts and instead sitting here and lie about Nokia not suppoft n900 whnen the actuallyh do.

N900CE is the most open platform so far still people whineså about not open and is too lazy to test it!!

Android is also hardly open, it is this lack of openness at the driver level (same issue as the N900) which causes XDA hackers to take more time to convert new versions of android to older devices - case in point is the viewsonic gtablet I have, they had to wait to get the tegra drivers off of current tablets before hacking the rom together for this device - of course this leads to other hardware issues in that I do not have full hardware acceleration in my tablet yet... Nokia are far from being alone in device OS support!

While I now have an Xperia X10 temporarily, I still love using my N900, nothing else I have used had the capabilities of the device. I will be buying an N9 when it comes out, not because I am a nokia fanboy (anything but these days) but because it looks like a great device and it will have all the applications I need and the ones it does not come with I have faith that the community will provide, there are some great apps in development with the community members who have the N950!

The N9 will not be for everyone but thats personal choice, its interesting how opinionated people will tell you otherwise!

I also find it funny how apples iconic adverts from the 80s about how apple compared ibm to a totalitarian state and now we have trolls telling us we should buy iphones or else... Feels like the shoe is on the other foot now as apple were the underdog back then!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jer006 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Made also a thread of it previously.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...38#post1060138

Looking really good i have to say. Needs more emulators!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Lindegaard View Post
And cool with the white N9 - though i'm going for a blue if i'm getting one.
There's a white N9 That'd look pretty cool IMO

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
It's ironic that many of the stock applications are actually fixed to portrait orientation, including the video player when browsing content. I suppose Nokia misinterpreted N900 users when they said they wanted portrait mode. They meant portrait and landscape.
It'll get tiresome very quickly if there's no way to redesign/configure those stock apps/ui's to our liking.
I can't see them leaving things entirely closed, so that we can't do that...
Heartening at least that 3rd party apps can/will be more context/orientation aware.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-28 at 19:26.

Engadget WP coverage continues unabated...
http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/m...ve-hides-among
It's been relentless for many months now...

Saturation exposure for an OS that frankly, hasn't been much more successful than Maemo/MeeGo (yet).
Anyone who thinks WP is gunna fail is mistaken IMO, MS has too much riding on it.

Last time there was anything in-depth about MeeGo, was just after Nokia connections.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-28 at 19:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????