Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Belfast, Ireland
attached is the text I get while trying to flash my N900. I have flashed on two previous occassions, no problem. Have tried this time on both my computer and a relatives laptop. Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? I renamed the .bin file for ease, would that have anything to do with it?
Attached Images

People, I really do need some help with this. I cannot flash my device, everytime I try, the USB connected symbol on my dimmed phone screen disappears and I get the above message. is there no other way to do it?

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by jarvis187 View Post
People, I really do need some help with this. I cannot flash my device, everytime I try, the USB connected symbol on my dimmed phone screen disappears and I get the above message. is there no other way to do it?
Renaming the .bin won't be the problem.

Have you tried a different USB port?

What version of Windows are you using?

Also, try this: http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Su...site:maemo.org

Last edited by jedi; 2011-07-26 at 08:04.

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Birmingham
Did you turn off the device, then plug in the usb cable while holding down the U button? You should see the Nokia sign as well as the usb sign.

EDIT: which instructions are you following? This one is a good one http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...247#post404247

Last edited by davedickson; 2011-07-26 at 08:06.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
He asks for advise, gets it and buggers off lol.

jedi, tried both front USB ports on my desktop PC. My keyboard is plugged into one and has never had any problems so i don't see why there would be a fault with the USB socket. Also tried on my sister's laptop, although I'm unsure as to her 'admin' rights (it stated in a guide that the user must have admin rights, correct?) I'm using Windows XP, I'm 99% sure I've got the correct .bin. It was the one with the most text, and had LATEST in it's description aswell.

davedickson, yes, I have the Nokia logo aswell, that stays on screen while the wee USB logo disappears. have tried various combinations of holding u, then inserting cable, then running program etc. all gave the same result. I will try the link you supplied shortly, I was using the guide supplied on the maemo.org wiki.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
Make sure your nokia n900 Battery is fully charged.

Battery full when attempting as well, thanks though. Am really stumped by this, because the first couple of times I flashed before, it worked no problem. Am about to follow some of the guides you guys supplied. Will let you know how it goes.

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates
Best of luck