Active Topics

I just upgraded from 10.04 to 11.04 and now I cannot mount my n900 in mass storage mode - not the internal or the uSD card. On 10.04, I would get two devices mounted and windows automatically open.

I get messages from the kernel about a usb device being connected, but I would normally have expected something about a scsi device being added too (at least).

Any ideas? I'm very new to this odd new UI, so perhaps I'm missing something.

Max.

why not boot into the normal GUI? First log out and in the session box choose old style or something like that. I couldnt stand the new one.

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
why not boot into the normal GUI? First log out and in the session box choose old style or something like that. I couldnt stand the new one.
ha, ok...feel free again

Unfortunately, still no mass storage working :/

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Originally Posted by davidmaxwaterman View Post
ha, ok...feel free again

Unfortunately, still no mass storage working :/
It could be due to corruption in the filesystem - which will be mentioned in dmesg..

Originally Posted by jedi View Post
It could be due to corruption in the filesystem - which will be mentioned in dmesg..
no mention of filesystems at all in desg.

one more thing...it isn't working on MS W7 either.

actually...i just noticed it saying that it is "in use", but i still don't get the microsd card available :/

lsof MyDocs doesn't show anything...what else to do?

Posts: 212 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on May 2010 @ India
my ubuntu 11.04 shows both internal and sd card in mass storage mode though with 3 to 4 seconds lag.Its better dist-upgrade your Natty.

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Interestingly, I cannot see my N900's internal storage though I can see the microSD card. sfdisk -l reports an empty partition table for the internal storage and a correct, single partition for the microsd card.

However, when I plug my N900 into my macbook, it works correctly and i can see both the internal and microsd storage..

I'm using kernel 2.6.37.6 on my PC and it can't see the internal storage, MacOS 10.6.8 on my MacBook and kernel 2.6.28.10power42 on my N900

(note, this is not due to the N900 keeping the device open.. /home/user/MyDocs is in fact un-mounted by the N900 as would appear normal)