Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
By following the next steps you should be able to get the full Sense theme in NITDroid:

Prerequisites:

Dock:
  1. Download the Sensible.zip file, I've put in it everything you shall need.
  2. Unzip it tyour N900, you shall see 4 folders: SenseDock, SenseBkground, Launcherpro, Flipclock.
  3. Boot NITDroid, open your file manager, go to Launcherpro and install LauncherPro Plus v0.8.6.apk
  4. Hard click the camera key to return back to your homescreen, you should see a dialog prompting you to choose between launcher and launcher pro. Choose launcher pro and set it as default.
  5. Slide the lockscreen button to get to the menu, tap preferences --> Appearance Settings --> Dock background --> Custom
  6. Gallery 3D shall open, and you shall see thumbnail of the folder SenseDock, tap it, then select dock.
  7. Go back to preferences, then tap on Dock Settings --> Number of docks, choose 1. Go back to preferences then tap Restart LauncherPro
  8. Back to home, you shall see the HTC dock with some icons on it, pay attention to this. Hold down the left-most icon (keep tapping it) then tap on change shortcut then choose App Drawer.
  9. Hold down the next icon --> change shortcut --> Applications --> Phone. Repeat this step for the next two icons.
  10. Hold down the last icon --> change shortcut --> Activities --> LauncherPro --> Preferences
  11. Now, the icons are neatly arranged accordingly, last step is to hold down the left-most icon again --> Change icon --> Custom icon. Gallery 3D shall open, select SenseDock --> icon. This shall hide the shortcut, repeat this step for all of the shortcuts on the dock.
Sense Clock:
  1. Open your file manager, go to Flipclock folder, install every .apk there.
  2. Back to homescreen, hold down an empty space in the homescreen --> Widgets --> Weather & Flip Clock.
  3. You should be connected to the internet to start the download, should take a few seconds to finish.
  4. Choose your location preferences, and auto update interval, Save.
  5. Open the App menu --.> Weather & Toggle Widget --> Widget skin wizard --> Install market skins --> Install clock widget skin --> H7C Clock --> Install
  6. Back to homescreen, voila!
Background:
  1. Open your file manager, go to SenseBkground folder, hold down sense bkground.jpg and set it as a wallpaper.
Incredible, amazing, absolutely awesome ammyt. Many many thanks for your mini detailed tutorial. It worked brilliantly, took a while to get around the menus but after repeating it a few times for the 5 icons at the bottom it all makes sense (excuse the pun).

It's brilliant!

Cheers and thank you again. Here is mine in all it's glory.

My Nokia N900 is my website, still up an running for the Maemo community. My Nokia N900 is upgraded to 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo1.1 ~ CSSU ready ~ Overclocked ~ Speed patched ~ Swappolube ~ was running 7 desktops ~ 270 apps and counting ~ Multi-Boot with Standard Kernel , Kernel Power 2.6.28.10power47 and NITDroid N12 "UMay".

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MyNokiaN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
hey any news on camera fix with the calls function enabled

hello

title : The Grand Nitdroid Thread - Sound While in A Call Achieved

and first page : voice calls are still under development.

While no daily or weekly update?

Posts: 855 | Thanked: 612 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Germany
Originally Posted by papa73 View Post
hello

Hey why not be patient, and thank those who are behind this big project, ah?

The Following User Says Thank You to Alfred For This Useful Post:
guys. there's a problem in my nitdroid. it seems that i cant add any contacts in the contact apps. why?

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Question from Papa73:

Originally Posted by papa73 View Post
hello

Answer From Ammyt:

Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
When Sound is ready, I will post that in ULTRA BIG BOLD FONT I promise.
Answer from boemien

What can I say else??

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
In case anyone is interested, the Sensible instructions do indeed work on other Android devices. I did it on my Droid and it works just as well (if not better).

The Following User Says Thank You to Descalzo For This Useful Post:
OK guys i definately need help here. I got Nitdroid N12 working, but i cant get airplane mode off! ive tried everything;

1- Pin code on maemo has always been disabled, and tried enable and disable but still didnt work
2- from nitdroid, i entered the emulator and typed "su rr" but nothing, still didnt work
3-tried holding the on off key and disabling airplane mode to off, and it shows as off but i still get no signal and when i go to settings network, it shows airpplane mode as ON
4- also in maemo, mounted mmcblk0p2 and deleted everything on "and/data"

i dont get what is wrong cuz i seriusly have tried everything...

after i deleted everything in data, it took me back to the wizard when i restarted, and i did the same thing as before, set up my google account, etc. could that be the reason? help please!! i really want to get signal and sms working!

Hi again!

I sorted out my previous problem (being installed on EMMC, I chmodded the home folder recursively and then I could install apps) but now I have issues with superuser.

I can´t install setcpu: First, it was granted access by superuser, somehow, but it hung everytime you fiddled with settings.
After uninstalling it /deleting its config, I try again but superuser doesn´t allow access anymore.

Should I upgrade setcpu? Or is something related to folder permissions again?

PD: I have Nitdroid N12 UMay, kernel rc4

Cheers!

The Following User Says Thank You to Khan_81 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
New MOTOBLUR theme:
MOTOBLUR Hybrid based on Moto Defy + Moto Droid X

Last edited by ammyt; 2011-07-13 at 14:56.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid