Active Topics

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy

http://konttoristhoughts.blogspot.co...73851680035486

"Fash is supported in fennec, but not in the default browser. We wanted to keep a clear differentiation between "desktop" -alike browsing and mobile browsing. Default browser focuses entirely in one handed use and relaxed browsing, where as fennec just does it all and acts like a desktop browser (tabs and all)"

finally some good news!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Cassio For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
N900 didn't have USB host but now it works. N9 does not have any HD output capability right now. QUite certain. But maybe some hacker/dev can somehow make it possible later on? If not, it's okay by me I guess. I don't use HDMI out as often as I thought I would anyways. (with my N8/E7)

But one thing I do use even on N8/E7 is USB OTG. So I really hope this can be enabled on the N9 at a later stage.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
The game has been removed from Ovi. Shame on them.
oh Elop must of thrown his toys out of the Pram and demanded removal.
Shame on Nokia for Censoring a harmless game.
The game is nothing special but it was a good laugh at Elops expense

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
The game has been removed from Ovi. Shame on them.
Are you sure? Wow nokia is really going down. They don't even get humour anymore.

By the way I like what electricpig.co.uk writes about the n9:

"Nokia N9 hands on: Nokia’s greatest phone is also its greatest mistake"

"We can hope but Nokia comes to it senses and pushes both platforms when the Nokia N9 goes on sale later this year."

Last edited by Rugoz; 2011-06-28 at 23:24.

i think folks are overhyping or overhoping for mhl over microusb, especially on a nokia which also charges and pc suite and mass storage and modem and usb otg over microusb..

would i rather play a video file to tv from a usb drive or have mhl hdmi output?

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
If your talking about the Android like control bar for toggling things like BT, WAN and WLAN, then how about when your on the notification pane, the user can swipe down to reveal an icon bar to toggle, with last one being a link to settings.

I wouldnt do it the way Android works, where your finger has to accurately hit the status bar at the top and sometimes finding yourself having multiple goes at trying to active the function.
The `swipe` UI already has a similar feature - when you `click` on the status bar you get something similar to Maemo 5's status bar where you can toggle things like BT/WLAN/2G-3G-DUAL/etc. but the point of a widget is to be always present - once you unlock your device it's right there and you can control the things you want while everything lays on top of it.

I guess `tabbing` on the events pane could be a solution - you just add a tab bar right bellow the general notifications (calls, messages, mails...) and then you can switch to a separate tab (e.g. social, media, books, whatever) of which some could host user-defined (or 3rd party app defined) control, or even purely visual widgets. I for one would turn off the `social` stack completely - I don't have FB nor Tweeter account and, frankly, I couldn't care less about those - I'd put there a RSS `bar` instead.

It would add to confusion, tho, and it's obvious that the UI/UX designers did their best to keep it as simple as possible, even at the expense of more swipes/clicks/whatever, so I don't think they'd consider such an approach... On the other hand, it would essentially turn the events pane into a virtual desktop pane, thus reconciling the both sides...

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Tyepin meistakes are unaividible, I'd guess...

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Dublin
anyone know if the calendar app is open or closed? i would like to see other apps that make use of days etc being able to use the calendar. eg.
weather app is able to put the forecast in the calendar for days you pick. doesn't have to be lots of detail, maybe temp and picture of cloud or little bit of info thats clickable to open up the weather app.

or a history/event logger being able to click on a day already gone by and if you took images or video's you can see how many and click to open the image viewer with those filtered.

anyone else think this would be good?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smegheadz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smegheadz View Post
anyone know if the calendar app is open or closed?
Closed. In Harmattan, the default approach is to have a Nokia proprietary UX layer including the applications[1].

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????