Closed Thread
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by godofwar424 View Post
Tactile doesnt appear in HAM for sum reason :s
It's experimental and not designed for end-user use yet. It's even more experimental than CSSU-testing.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
It's experimental and not designed for end-user use yet. It's even more experimental than CSSU-testing.
Is it still in development? I havent seen any updates for it since I first installed it for the CSSU update :s

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

there's been updates quite frequently, but I guess it takes time to develop new features, test them out fully to make sure it won't brick anyone's devices or cause nasty bugs.. etc I think so far we got releases every few weeks/month

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Hi friends, I would like to install the CSSU but i keep hesitating as it's not stable yet. I read that it has some conflict with some apps. I have a friend who installed it on his N900 and some apps disappeared like the application manager for example so I would like to know what application is conflicting with the CSSU before installing it. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ North-west, UK
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I actually tried HAM first, but it wasn't listed, even though I have the proper repos activated. I used apt-get and it seemed to work. I'm not an Xterminal expert, so just wanted to be sure it was the proper way to do it.
No, using the terminal is not the way you should have to do it.

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Hi friends, I would like to install the CSSU but i keep hesitating as it's not stable yet. I read that it has some conflict with some apps. I have a friend who installed it on his N900 and some apps disappeared like the application manager for example so I would like to know what application is conflicting with the CSSU before installing it. Thanks in advance.
Read the bug list.

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 2 seconds.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
No, using the terminal is not the way you should have to do it.
I used the terminal to install it on my main device, but on my other, it can't find the package. How should I do it now? EDIT: to install the tactile package.

Last edited by christexaport; 2011-06-27 at 17:49.

Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I used the terminal to install it on my main device, but on my other, it can't find the package. How should I do it now? EDIT: to install the tactile package.
Either the repository isn't enabled in the package manager, or you're doing an 'install' without an 'update' first. Just use the GUI.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
It is not showing in the HAM, and all repos enabled. Same on my other device. Just updated, too.GUI not working. What now?

I and so many others would love if you guys could add a one row task switcher, and grid ( with all windows scaled to size) option in the next update.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade