Notices

Originally Posted by comaX View Post
Don't follow that check just yet ! I put some in to make a test, but it's not thorough !

It's seems like you are missing "ip" and "xterm" dependencies.
I'll ask Unhuman about the correct paths for those, and will add them to the check.

Sorry for the confusion !
the ettercap check worked yesterday so i reinstalled it an all worked mint .

Don't follow that check just yet ! I put some in to make a test, but it's not thorough !

It's seems like you are missing "ip" and "xterm" dependencies.
I'll ask Unhuman about the correct paths for those, and will add them to the check.

Sorry for the confusion !
so i should run apt-get install xterm & apt-get install ip ?

Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
what command did you use to run this ??
root
/usr/bin/mitm.sh

Yeahp, by the way, I should maybe do it only for secure references or POST data... And correct the title ><

EDIT : started working on DNS spoofing
i guess thi script is gunna end up something like easy-creds that i use on backtrack5 , have tryed easycreds on n900 some things work but no others ...

thanks for all your work an comitment to this project ...

Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
so i should run apt-get install xterm & apt-get install ip ?

root
/usr/bin/mitm.sh
Try this:

apt-get install iproute xterm

It will install those two commands you were missing, xterm and ip.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to torpedo48 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 83 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Paris, France
i guess thi script is gunna end up something like easy-creds that i use on backtrack5 , have tryed easycreds on n900 some things work but no others ...

thanks for all your work an comitment to this project ...
Hmm, yes and no ! I created this script precisely because I wasn't satisfied by easy-creds ! The parsing method is very different for one thing, and it doesn't do all the stuff that easy-creds offers, and that I find not useless but... Not fitting for my script. By the way, if you use BT5, you should check out the BT5 version of this script :
http://comax.pagesperso-orange.fr/info/#yamas
The current version is 0.9.1.

if you were saying it will become like EC because I keep adding stuff EC also has, it's only half true, because after dns spoofing, I think I'll be very close to some final version !
And if you say so because some things work and others doesn't, you're plain wrong, cause I'll correct it until it's (almost) perfectly fitting ! =D

Cheers

the ettercap check [didn't work][?] yesterday so i reinstalled it an all worked mint .
See edit below

Edit : I added ip and xterm to the dependency check, and a second path for ettercap, since it seems it could be installed in two different places according to what install method you used.

If ever you notice e dependency I forgot, or another path to it, don't hesitate to submit it !

Last edited by comaX; 2011-06-27 at 15:11.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
@AgogData check first post for dependencies. You are missing busybox-power and xterm.

EDIT:

comaX - ip is part of busybox-power. The script should check for ip, but point out that busybox-power isn't installed

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi comaX and Unhuman,

One more edit for you to consider.

- The dependencies are checked by dpkg (in my opinion agnostic and more resilient to custom installations).
- the dependency check is done not every time but on request using the -d option. That is,
Code:
./mitm_pcsci3nce.sh -d
- made the two "wget" to happen only when needed.
- the home folder is a variable - easier to change
- one small correction: if the root privileges check failed you were stuck with red font - the echo command color was not terminated.

I think that's all. Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mitm_pcsci3nce.txt (18.7 KB, 166 views)

Last edited by Saturn; 2011-06-27 at 17:14.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saturn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Everything seems to work alright for me(no dependency problems, no iptables error etc), but I get this message on my computer so I thought I were protected:

However, I shut down all protection and still no passwords, neither for HTTP or HTTPS. I run with all default settings. When I do submit a password, there's a brief flicker on the password terminal window, but nothing shows up. Any advice?

Posts: 83 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Paris, France
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
Everything seems to work alright for me(no dependency problems, no iptables error etc), but I get this message on my computer so I thought I were protected:

However, I shut down all protection and still no passwords, neither for HTTP or HTTPS. I run with all default settings. When I do submit a password, there's a brief flicker on the password terminal window, but nothing shows up. Any advice?
what is your browser ? It seems you are just protected against this kind of attack !

Satun, I'm not home right now, so I can't check the version you posted. Did you do all the modifications you suggested ?
It seems to me those are good ideas (especially -d, but we should also add a warning message so that people do check for the dependencies before running the script, and coming complain about it not working - I'll add a message for that below the banner. Also Unhuman should write it in the 1st post. I'll mail him about that), so I'll have a look but I'll probably just uplaod it as is. And some more credits for you
Thanks !

Edit : finally I found a way to read the text file on the crappy mac i'm on... So everything seems fine, but I'm just not sure using dpkg and grep is more efficient than just a simple existence check.
Why not though...

Last edited by comaX; 2011-06-27 at 19:04.

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
what is your browser ? It seems you are just protected against this kind of attack !
I'm using Firefox 5, maybe I should try internet explorer and see if I'm still protected..

Tags
pentesting, tester of pens