I agree with that article

Originally Posted by xRobby View Post
Inflated price? How can you know this when the price hasn't been announced yet?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...26#post1034826

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
i think it is pretty safe to say apple won that battle
The issue is whether more customers would respond to the term "polycarbonate unibody" or "removable battery". My contention is that most customers won't know what "polycarbonate unibody" means. My contention is that they will understand what "removable battery" means.

This is an elementary marketing question. The answer is obvious.

BTW: What is polycarbonate and why is it good? No fair looking it up.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 336 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by rash.m2k View Post
Stop thinking too much into the availability, the N9 is at least a couple of weeks away. And I bet Nokia are still in talks with the operators, UK and US are one of the first markets to get the phones anyway. It's not important, we'll find out in good time.

Anyway the HDMI over micro-USB sounds like a good idea? There is certainly enough bandwidth over USB2.0 to do this - but wether the inherent USB2.0 driver/firmware gets in the way is another issue.

I did however notice that the Nokia pages says 3.5mm AV jack and not just 3.5mm audio jack. Guessing it'll have TV-Out.

I don't use tv-out much so it's not a big deal, but the FM transmitter is definitely a deal breaker!
someone mentioned that the n9 has the hardware for FM receiver and transmitter, but lacks software for that. have to wait for an official answer or is there anybody who knows for sure.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The issue is whether more customers would respond to the term "polycarbonate unibody" or "removable battery". My contention is that most customers won't know what "polycarbonate unibody" means. My contention is that they will understand what "removable battery" means.

This is an elementary marketing question. The answer is obvious.

Guess: A composite of plastic and metal. Plastic, but made with a mix of carbon fibers/molecules/atoms/whatever. (Half carbon half plastic)

Did I guess correctly? Do I win an N950?

EDIT: Guess: It's good because it's uber strong, probably cheap to produce and easy to mold, and (judging from the reviews) doesn't feel like metal to the touch (probably withstands more extreme temperatures).

Last edited by zlatokosi; 2011-06-22 at 17:08.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
BTW: What is polycarbonate and why is it good?
It is plastic, and I don't know if it's good or not.

polycarbonate is basically just really tough and light plastic. if the layer above the screen is all in the same piece too, this phone will be pretty indestructible(they make bulletproof windows out of polycarbonate, for example)

It will laso be very lightweight and also cheaper to manufacture than glass and steel

also, it precludes the need for plastic end caps like in nokia other metal phones

Just looked it up in wikipedia and wish I hadn't (I get depressed when I read things I understood in high school and am clueless about now, like chemistry).

On a side note, I found this interesting (it applies to food containers):

Bisphenol A appeared to be released from polycarbonate animal cages into water at room temperature and it may have been responsible for enlargement of the reproductive organs of female mice.

So don't lick your N9's!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zlatokosi For This Useful Post:
This sober article says:

There's no front-facing cam, but the eight-megapixel camera can record 720p video, says Nokia.
This must be a mistake. Isn't that thing on the front-bottom-right a camera?

But it also mentions USB OTG, so...

Other features are said to include an accelerometer, proximity sensor, 3.5mm headphone jack, and a microUSB 2.0 OTG port.

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
The one piece polycarbonate plastic allows for really great antennas but it also feels expensive in the hand
read here:
http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/...signers-story/

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????