Active Topics

Could someone please talk to the 810's ability to play videos from sources outside of Youtube? I'm interested in the 810 and this site and others have provided a good deal of great information, but I haven't been able to find details on how the new OS handles other streaming video sources like hulu_com or even some of the States' big three like NBC_COM/ABC_COM/CBS_COM.

Any info would be sincerely appreciated.

dkx

NBC.com took a long time to load all the flashy content. After about 5mins of waiting, It loaded up a 2min replay of 30rock. It played horrible 1fps. The audio was constant but the video was way off...

abc.com redirected to http://abc.go.com/index. Wouldent load the first time, kept popping up new windows that tried to load. It kept doing something wierd with the browser screen and never displayed any content other than the advertisment on the top of the page. After 5mins of waiting nothing laoded past advertisments.

cbs.com, loaded surprisingly fast compared to the other 2 *claps for proper flash programing*.

Clicked on big bang theory on the primetime spotlight, page loaded , clicked on missed an episode, watch now. Big Bran Theory. Audio excelent. Video poor less than 1 fps like the others can't watch this its like watching some one paste together still frames.

Cnet.com reviews do the same thing

sorry for the bad formating and spelling, I was doing each as I typed it
I could do a youtube of this but it would be painfull to watch and be very long. I have one that includes the cnet example that will give you an idea however http://youtube.com/watch?v=uiiUQxSUNmY Cnet part starts at 3:14

Hope this helps

Last edited by Karwee; 2007-12-03 at 00:04.

Download.

Convert.

Enjoy.

(But good streaming would be nice.)

Karwee, thank you much for the info. I appreciate you taking the time to look and provide feedback. Your video also helps demonstrate the rendering latency. Thanks again!

bexley, I'm with ya, was just hoping to leverage the streaming.