Active Topics

90% of the Flat Screen TVs doesn't even have an USB port and the other 5% don't play .mkv properly.

@ kinggo, my missus doesn't want to faff about transferring files from this to that, she just wants to be able to quickly plug her phone into the TV by HDMI to show friends and family a few pictures/videos within seconds without any fuss.

And so far, the N9 doesn't have USB otg so it wouldn't even be easy for her to transfer the files to a USB stick in the first place without using a computer of some description...

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by sophocha View Post
let`s see, why on earth do I need to upgrade (or downgrade ) to this phone.The looks are good but I`ve already customised my N900 the way I like and I`m not going to buy this so that I can wait for 6 months for Sygic to create a GPS software for it or wait forever for any other apps.Thank you very much!
Seems like the N9 is not for you, since I don't think Sygic want to compete with Nokia who offer turn by turn navigation with large base of maps for free with the phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ P.A.
Originally Posted by NokiaRocks View Post
90% of the Flat Screen TVs doesn't even have an USB port and the other 5% don't play .mkv properly.

All of my Samsung Lcd's have 2 Usb ports AND play .mkv files. They also support a lot more file types. It's one of the big reasons why i buy them. No need for a blue-ray player.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Verythrax For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
Holy cow...

http://www.slashgear.com/nokia-n9-an...lvik-22160809/
ignore it promised by myriad it will work and become commercially available but not actually coming to the N9 or promised by nokia

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
ignore it promised by myriad it will work and become commercially available but not actually coming to the N9 or promised by nokia
Well, maybe the lack of apps will force Nokia to buy into it... or not.

Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by Andrew_b View Post
@ kinggo, my missus doesn't want to faff about transferring files from this to that, she just wants to be able to quickly plug her phone into the TV by HDMI to show friends and family a few pictures/videos within seconds without any fuss.

And so far, the N9 doesn't have USB otg so it wouldn't even be easy for her to transfer the files to a USB stick in the first place without using a computer of some description...
well, that's the point. You don't have to transfer anything. Just connect your via USB to your TV, start the media player on TV and that's it.
I tried that with N900, htc hero and N8 on my samsung TV.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Well, maybe the lack of apps will force Nokia to buy into it... or not.
..or not
The N9 is 10 weeks from release they aint got time to start implementing and optimizing such things and get the final firmware ready to go in a few weeks time

Ag-a-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, shake the tree
Aga-doo-doo-doo, push pineapple, grind coffee
To the left, to the right, jump up and down and to the knees

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POv-3yIPSWc

Originally Posted by keflex View Post
On the topic of the lack of removable battery: It's much better marketing-wise to advertise "polycarbonate unibody" than it is to advertise "removable battery". Honestly sometimes I feel like you guys have absolutely zero understanding of how the world works. So the N9 has a lot of characteristics you all dislike. THE WORLD IS NOT FULL OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU. GET OVER IT.
no **** sherlock - water is wet ! 100 points for stating the obvious !

... yea, so why do we have support, praise or spend money on something we dont like again ?

We can dislike the N9 as much as we want - you know - the thing known as diversity of opinion and freedom of thought !

I think you wandered into the wrong forum - for positive comments only echo chamber, please head over to the Apple forums.

Uncle Jobs would LOVE to have you as his forum monitor !

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????