Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Certainly not worthy of an upgrade from my N800. This is as far from a Linux desktop experience as as handset can get. It's like going Android--and when it comes down to choosing the N9 or any PLETHORA of the Android devices out there, I'll stick with Android, thanks. What a let-down, Nokia.
Danramos is here. The man who always sparkles and shines with enthusiasm over what Nokia has to offer It is good having you here, sharing your hope, joy and optimism to the rest of us

Frankly, even the N900 had an easier to use interface than Android. All those buttons on the front, the weird long press "multi" tasking, the awkward browser, etc.
The N9 is just N900 lite, but with an even simpler interface. I hope it's still as customizable as Maemo 5 (in the theme changing sense)

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
you say that like its a good thing
I don't mind running with slightly worse hardware if the software is optimized enough for there not to be a difference. Except for gaming, of course, though that's not much of an issue for me.

Certainly not worthy of an upgrade from my N800. This is as far from a Linux desktop experience as as handset can get. It's like going Android--and when it comes down to choosing the N9 or any PLETHORA of the Android devices out there, I'll stick with Android, thanks. What a let-down, Nokia.
I dislike you DanRamos, however for once our opinions have crossed paths.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
danramos my good man, what did you end up getting?

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Danramos is here. The man who always sparkles and shines with enthusiasm over what Nokia has to offer It is good having you here, sharing your hope, joy and optimism to the rest of us
It's hard to feel enthusiastic over this device. It moves as far away from the original Linux desktop experience devices we came to InternetTabletTalk to talk about and even when the shift to talk.MAEMO.org was made. Even on its merits as a handset device, the marketing copy feels like it's trying to drum up artificial enthusiasm for this device with statements such as claiming to be the first on any mobile phone to have Dolby stereo. Where have they been all these years??
http://www.dolby.com/consumer/unders...by-mobile.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/bu...t-2300035.html

Tell me, what is it about this device that you like?
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
where are ysss and Texrat?

is my good friend wmarone still around?

Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
PradaBrada, your e-cock is hanging out, and it is not a pretty sight
No, I am not happy to see you, that is just a Sensation in my pocket

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PradaBrada For This Useful Post:
It's hard to feel enthusiastic over this device. It moves as far away from the original Linux desktop experience devices we came to InternetTabletTalk to talk about and even when the shift to talk.MAEMO.org was made. Even on its merits as a handset device, the marketing copy feels like it's trying to drum up artificial enthusiasm for this device with statements such as claiming to be the first on any mobile phone to have Dolby stereo. Where have they been all these years??

Honestly? Nothing, it is a sack of sh|t.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by zlatokosi View Post
Ohhh, allright... let's say I actually buy that (Like saying if you eat half a cake, and then half of what's left, and so on, you can never really finish eating the cake ).

Could you give me the Nokia Meego device a year link?
I remember the MeeGo device a year quote. But I didn't take it seriously. No, I don't remember the link.

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
[...] with statements such as claiming to be the first on any mobile phone to have Dolby stereo. Where have they been all these years??

Your links are about Dolby mobile, whereas the n9 has Dolby Headphone and Dolby Digital Plus. I don't think (/know if) it changes anything, but what you write is still incorrect.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
I dislike you DanRamos, however for once our opinions have crossed paths.
So--we meet again!

Originally Posted by PradaBrada View Post
danramos my good man, what did you end up getting?
To replace the N800? I didn't outright get anything, but I'm finding that my Samsung Galaxy Tab is filling all my requirements very nicely (especially after putting BASH on it). It's been surprisingly good, in fact, and satisfies a LOT of what I wanted, but it's still not entirely sufficiently what I'm looking for (I want proper keyboard support, HID, a real unmolested Linux kernel, etc.). I'm disappointed to see Nokia moving Maemo/MeeGo devices further and further away from being a more desktop-like experience, even while everyone else is converging slowly toward a more desktop-worthy one. Near as I can tell, I still haven't replaced my N800--just managing without it for now, since it's just too slow and unsupported to tolerate anymore and the N900 was just going in that wrong direction for me, too--I didn't want a phone, I wanted a pocket computer.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????