Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
550€ for the 64GB version sounds about right.
I will probably get one for that price.

For N950 I would pay 850€ and not even blink an eye when giving my money away.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
If I am not a developer, not a Linux lover, why get this device if you already own an iphone? How different is it from iphone experience?

Now I know why they announced it in Asia. iphone is only now beginning to penetrate that market and they hope that N9 will give iphone crazed crowd an alternative. N9 will not sell well in the US

Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
You got it wrong. Its f****** pretty, and its cheaper than an iphone. It has facebook/twitter/skype integration. So yes, it will sell. At least compared to WP7.
As you may have noted I did point out that this is pretty, but so is the iphone, and with guaranteed support, great development, plenty of applications, a higher res screen, and better hardware, exactly why would an average consumer by this over them? the price? it's cheaper here: http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-B.../dp/B003TZVAPM though granted it's 32 gb and a year older. The iphone also has twitter intergration, and while not exactly integrated can multi task with both skype and facebook. Windows phone 7 also has facebook integration with both skype and twitter coming. The point I'm making isn't that this is a junk phone. it's pretty sure, but what is it offering that year old phones didn't? multitasking? If this was the ticket both Webos and Maemo 5 would be major players? mainstream apps? I highly doubt it. Support? if History is anything to go by, yeah good luck.

Agian, it's not a bad phone but considering we're comparing to last year models, considering some of the odd choices, and considering what it could have been. Yeah, I'm disappointed.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billybobjones For This Useful Post:
Posts: 118 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Belgium
I found this video today.
Uploaded by NokiaConversations on youtube.
It's a demo of the N9 UI

http://youtu.be/BSZssHGR-Qg

Originally Posted by Mandibela View Post
So? Spec lists are never complete...
They always make sure to put on the major selling points, unless they know it will not get ready for use before the reviewers start doing their things.

The Following User Says Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n950_m...-news-2806.php

is there a price for the N950? thanks!

n900 from 600 to 1150
n9 from 1000 to 1950
overclocking all the way

Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post

As for the 'walled garden' part, that remains to be seen. Is there a community OBS/repo?
Peter said here that it could install from other sources, so that's good.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by morfeas View Post
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n950_m...-news-2806.php

is there a price for the N950? thanks!
one night with an experienced and lonely developer

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
I can't wait to start coding for this device.. I have the perfect app in mind already. It has really inspired me and that's what a device is supposed to do.. Hopefully my application is accepted and I get access to a dev device.

The Following User Says Thank You to sevla For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland