Active Topics

After reflashing my N810 I noticed theres a 3rd option on first setup, after the phone setup. However I'm not able to get to it "Step 3 Operator Setup".

I don't have a phone to connect to my Nokia N810 so durring the phone setup on Step2 , I have to click Cancel. After that it just dumps me to the main interface and totaly skips Step3.

I guess I didn't notice the 3rd step before, but does any one know if 'Step 3' is for the phone setup or something more important and the first run software has a buggy ?

I think thats where info like time zone and locale might be. Because I know everytime I reflash my device it says I'm in London and I don't recall ever seting it to London or ever geting a promt asking me where I live. That's kinda bad to skip over something like that in a consumer device, right ?

Also I recall this hapening in both flash versions for OS2008. So aparently it wasn't changed in the latest flash revision.

Thanks

Last edited by Karwee; 2007-12-01 at 22:50.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Step 3 is just more phone connection setup.

You can set the nearest Home City in the "Date and time" control panel.

Last edited by technut; 2007-12-02 at 07:21.

The Following User Says Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
Oh ok Thanks