haha I like real mangos not Microsoft made ones (especially not wp7.1 ones)

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
I will miss it. Lots of weird things like dosbox will be difficult if not impossiible to use.
If people that should know say you won't miss the HWKB, they must mean their is some kind of transparent software keyboard overlay mode where you can just see the terminal input as you were typing it on a HWKB

Disruptive stuff: with this generic candybar design I hope for battery life breakthrough and some way of scrolling kinetic scrolling that can be controlled by twisting so I need only one single hand and no touch to the screen to start scrolling.

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney

Well, here's what I think Nokia should do. Keep the variation AND cut down on the top model list.

I had better get a few Thanks! on this, not because I'm so smart but because I used Paint Shop Pro and it's a total pain to use compared to Photoshop. :B
Attached Images

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Good idea .. They really only need 4 versions of a device ..

n8 style.
e7 style
e6 style
And touch and type x2 type thingy ..

Oh and stop nokiadirect only selling the coloured versions :O .. try getting an orange n8 on an orange uk pay monthly contract ..

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Will there be a live stream at nokiaconnection.net/event.php?

right bed for meh - i will try to get up at 5ish .. lol .. save me an n9 hwkb for meh hehe ...

And the Slogan would be "Back to Square 1"

Call me picky but I'm not really liking the right angle corners, wish it had a bit more curve on the device. Will it be 4G is a good question, will it rock Nokia's pentaband radio's or be locked into a certain carrier like AWS or GSM?

I also wished for a HWKB, but a virtual keyboard with tactility seems like the Storm's Surepress which I hope is not repeated. If sends small amounts of current through the skin I wonder how this will fare for the overall battery life?

I've been noticing Nokia has been backing away from high density batteries. I remember 1500mAh was the norm around 2007, 1320mAh batteries and lower are not what I had in mind for faster processors albeit these processors are far more efficient. I say pair efficiency with more battery for the win.

Aside a phone release, I really want to know where MeeGo plays in Nokia's strategy going forward and I am sure to WP7 phones will get a mention just so they can boost the stock price with todays hype espousing phone reveal. Now I mention stocks because this will energize the asian market as it is open during the press conference, and this will work it's way down to the European and American markets.

I will keep my expectations low, that way I can be impressed more easily or hide further disappointment at Nokia if it is a dud.

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Will there be a live stream at nokiaconnection.net/event.php?
nokia will beam the whole thing live to the planet....they will take over all the airwaves and send mind controll beams to make you all buy into it!
:->

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland