Now, I did do a search, and saw that there was a method to get unzipping and unraring working for OS2005/2006, but I was wondering if it is possible to do in the newest releases. I don't mind the command line if that works, but preferably it'd be good if there was a GUI version.

Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Hi, I use both all the time. There isn't a GUI, as far as I know, but they work perfectly from the xterm. If you type unrar for example, you will get the list of the options.

I have the last version of OS2007.

Good luck.

Last edited by Saturn; 2007-10-28 at 23:51.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
I don't mind the command line if that works, but preferably it'd be good if there was a GUI version.
"That's to say, already you don't need osso-xterm for unzip a Zip file, only with a click on it in the File Manager and voilá."

What are the odds of an unrar version that can do the same thing? Or alternatively what would be the location that xterm would see ?Documents? as?

The Following User Says Thank You to jhoff80 For This Useful Post:
Okay, so I've played around with my new (used) n800 a bit, and have upgraded it to the newest OS2008. Unrar, being entirely command line, works perfectly, but unzip doesn't work because of some hildon library dependencies that don't exist for OS2008. Anyone working on a fixed version?

i would love to have unzip on my n810! any know how this is done?

I built unzip and rar in hopes of getting xarchiver front end to work, but it uses rather complicated bash/awk scripting wrappers that aren't working.

If unzip really wont install, you could grab unzip from this archive : http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFi...r_utils.tar.gz

Those are my builds and i dont want to conflict with existing projects so that archive is mainly for my own use... didnt even realize rar was out in repos!

I will probably upgrade my splicer utility to work better with any of these command line tools. Mainly i just need to allow changing-to/extracting to directory where input file is.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
I look into unzip this weekend. The hildon libs dependences are for use it with the filemanager. It would change with OS2008 possibly.
You tap in a zip file and it unzip the file. Thought, there isn't a option for know when it finalized, it's a problem with large files.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
I built the packages for unzip. It's in its project page: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=91 and uploaded to extras-devel repository.

But, not filemanager support for OS2008 yet.

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
I updated my Splicer utility to support a 'Run in target directory' option. So you can use it to launch zip, rar, etc files against those programs and it will unzip where the archive was (instead of home dir). Currently that option forces to run in xterm but you can just close it out when it finishes (plus helps to see status).

You can grab it here :
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...7152#post77152

You might need to update the /usr/lib/splicer/splicer.apps list to tweak program list to run against (although the program list allows free entry). I edit config files using splicer itself against leafpad... if your on 2008 and have no good editor to 'launch' against, you can grab 2008 build of leafpad on my http://wardenclyffetower.com/MaemoFiles web space)

Last edited by pipeline; 2007-12-02 at 02:18.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipeline For This Useful Post: