Notices

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Maemo is the OS that runs on our phones, basically it is a debian distribution which is heavily modified for small screen, still the core is the same, like apt-get and default we got a ash shell (busybox 1.18)

We can install bash by issuing apt-get install bash, but I don't fully understand bash and busybox together. I can type bash in busybox and I get a bash shell but then when I want to gain root it flips back to busybox (ash)
pretty simple... type this.
PHP Code:
sudo gainroot
bash
-setup 

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
Originally Posted by Radicalz38 View Post
pretty simple... type this.
PHP Code:
sudo gainroot
bash
-setup 
Are you sure? Command not found...

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
Are you sure? Command not found...
try

Code:
apt-get install bash
then try should all be fine then

This script requires some serious work to make it ready for the n900. For example, why are you using xterm? It is a NEEDLESS dependancy, use osso-xterm instead (the built in one).

Why does it depend on BASH, why not modify it to be compliant with ash?

Why does it have to connect to the net to download extra scripts?

Why not just combine the two into a local version?

Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
This script requires some serious work to make it ready for the n900. For example, why are you using xterm? It is a NEEDLESS dependancy, use osso-xterm instead (the built in one).

great idea but all i had to do to get it working was to install bash an reinstall sslstrip an now all works great does its job as it should ...

While hugely entertaining, the Heath Robinson approach is never the best.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post

Original script is for Backtrack5. This script is a simpler version with ettercap support ( original script uses arpspoof ). It is not specially tailored for the N900, but it works flawlessly with the correct dependency installed so I see absolutely no reason to edit.

However, I can't see what right do you have to whine here in such an aggressive manner. I don't think anyone owes you any explanation why is this created in this way, nor that you have the word to say whether the script is fit or not for the N900.

Cheers, but this kind of 'feedback' is far from appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Unhuman For This Useful Post:
isnt all feedback good for the script , an he is right in what hes saying if its for the n900 then it should be wrote for the n900 , im sure some 1 said that it was for BT5-arm edition if thats the case why doesnt it say that in first post/title ...

That said it didnt take much to get going but would be good for the noobs of the forum if it worked out the box ...

calm down people no need for the fight lol haha

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
The script was not wrote specifically for the N900 it is just an Arm variant of the original script.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Plovdiv, Bulgaria
Originally Posted by stevomanu View Post
That said it didnt take much to get going but would be good for the noobs of the forum if it worked out the box ...
"Noobs" shouldn't even use the script .. So in a way I actually think it is better that the installation is more complicated.

Tags
pentesting, tester of pens