Poll: Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?
Poll Options
Should MeeGo devs inform maemo.org users through talk.maemo.org?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Back to the subject of this thread or i will ban you all. Can you battle this out in another thread?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
There's nothing wrong with posting MeeGo news on here if it's in the relevent places. MeeGo has it's own sub forum, where the large N9 discussion thread is, I see Cordia is in the 'alternatives' section, Qt crosses over from time to time in the development section which is understandable. I don't see much wrong with how things are now, just my two cents.

Originally Posted by Thedevils1 View Post
can you believe flandry has just give ME an infraction for telling him he is out of order
He's entitled to, as a moderator, but you're also entitled to appeal if you think it's unfair.

By the way, I had a quick look at your 14 post history and they've all been posts where you've swung in to defend abill_uk in various threads. You even have a similar style of writing. Nothing wrong with that, it just struck me as interesting.. ahem

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Since when do Polls mean anything here. What happened to the poll of opening the closed source maemo parts. How is Meego anywhere near related to actually having a Maemo poll. When Maemo polls dont mean jack to Nokia, why should the community let another community working under Nokia feel any different. This forum is clearly not based on democracy, ban whomever u feel like banning, rediculous to say the least

The Following User Says Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
This poll was an attempt to get an insight into how the community feels about meego news, I was fully expecting the results to go this way and the thread to be used for the opposition to express their dismay.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
Since when do Polls mean anything here. What happened to the poll of opening the closed source maemo parts. How is Meego anywhere near related to actually having a Maemo poll. When Maemo polls dont mean jack to Nokia, why should the community let another community working under Nokia feel any different. This forum is clearly not based on democracy, ban whomever u feel like banning, rediculous to say the least
This community, thankfully, has rules and governing bodies. Might want to read up on that.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by tswindell View Post
Lets not make this thread about he that shall not be named, I'm hoping he wont come here and hijack this thread :P

EDIT: ignore it I did not read the previous conversation on the subject.
EDIT 2: I've read the rest of it, please don't ban me

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-06-13 at 12:29.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
Because the topic is not "information about Meego" but "should developer announcements about Meego be posted on the community forum". It's important to recognize topic not by keywords but by semantic content. That's what separates men from machines (mostly)...
In his defence (why I am doing this!), to me and possibly others, "this forum" means talk.maemo.org in general, not specifically the Community section.

I know that vBulletin uses the terminology that Community is a forum, Multimedia is a forum, Off Topic is a forum etc., and so talk.maemo.org is a collection of forums (plural), but other sites I use would call the entire site a forum (singular), which is then split into "folders" or "sections", and that is the terminology my brain likes to use.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I tend to use "forum" for the forum as a whole and "subforum" or "section" for the various... er... sections.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I tend to use "forum" for the forum as a whole and "subforum" or "section" for the various... er... sections.
I agree entirely, it does make me think sometimes when people start calling sections/categories "forums", makes me annoyed :P

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
On the contrary, Bada (the core OS in there somewhere) is in fact related to more phones than Maemo, MeeGo and Android combined by several orders of magnitude. Bada does not have a Linux core, but most other stuff is OpenBSD.
AIUI Bada is a pluggable kernel architecture, so yes, can have a Linux core (or at least the Samsung Bada docs claim so).

Anyway, I just think a change of name is suitable if MeeGo is to be discussed. Call it Maego or Meemo or whatever, maemo.org does not describe what this site is about if MeeGo is included.
Okay, so how about oses-and-applications-mostly-related-to-the-nokia-NIT-line-including-but-not-limited-to-Maemo-Harmattan-MeeGo-or-competing-devices-running-derivatives-of-these.org ? I mean, we can go all nitpicky, I just don't see why MeeGo is the place where you draw the line.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:

Tags
context, debate, developers, frappadecaf, infraction pts, javis vs. woody, let's troll!, meego, relevance