Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Hi there,

I've got another question about Nitdroid...

I've got all my music in /home/user/My Docs/.sounds (maemo standard); same with pictures (just in /.images). When bootet into Nitdroid I can't use any of my media (as those are hidden folders). How can I make those accessable under Nitdroid?

Thx in advance,
Glasswalker

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
It seems that we maybe have (partially) call support soon. As you can see yourselves in git and in his twitter account e-yes is working on it I don't care about calls but I see that there is much interest for this so I m mentioning it here.

Last edited by anapospastos; 2011-06-11 at 23:04. Reason: typo

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
Hi there,

I've got all my music in /home/user/My Docs/.sounds (maemo standard); same with pictures (just in /.images). When bootet into Nitdroid I can't use any of my media (as those are hidden folders). How can I make those accessable under Nitdroid?

Thx in advance,
Glasswalker
Android does not recognize hidden linux folders, i mean .sounds or .videos
If you want to have your pictures or your sounds in android, just rename the folders without the "dots" or just copy them to an other folder.

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
It seems that we maybe have (partially) call support soon. As you can see yourself in git and in his twitter account e-yes is working on it I don't care about calls but I see that there is much interest for this so I m mentioning it here.
When calls will be available I will abandon Maemo for NitDroid (only for a testing time) It's crazy how this system is as smooth as maemo, as if it was done for the N900!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
Hi there,

Thx in advance,
Glasswalker
Install astro file manager to explore all your hidden files.

Originally Posted by anapospastos View Post
Install astro file manager to explore all your hidden files.
Browsing the files hadn't been a problem, making them useable for Androids media-deamon had been but that is solved now :-) Thanx

Glasswalker

Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Android does not recognize hidden linux folders, i mean .sounds or .videos
If you want to have your pictures or your sounds in android, just rename the folders without the "dots" or just copy them to an other folder.
Argh... silly me... *face - palm*. I've been thinking to complicated in terms of symlinks and that stuff. Moving everything to a new, unhidden folder hasn't occurred to me. Thinking to complicated *lol*

Thanks,
Glasswalker

The Following User Says Thank You to Glasswalker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
can i change the emmc later on?

storage usage shows me 0b free on rootfs?! amd home having only 1.1gb free. i guess thats not enough, is it?

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Chennai, India
I have been following this thread for a long time, but this is my first post here...It is great, the amount of time and effort put into this port..I am using NITdroid regularly and am loving it..Just wanted to say great work guys and thanks for the commendable job for making our favourite devices that much more lovable..Thanks everyone who has contributed...

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
ok, just installed N12, works just fine.

but: my battery-indicator doesnt seem to work. at first it was at 100%.
i plugged in the charger when it dropped to 35%.
after some time charging, i took the cable off. however, the battery-status is now at 30%. it didnt charge (or its not displaying the charge)

known bug? how to fix?

/edit: after booting maemo again, i realized they the device wasnt really charging in android, although the android-menu did say it does.

hope it gets fixed soon.

Last edited by msa; 2011-06-13 at 15:20.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2011 @ bangalore
Originally Posted by msa View Post
ok, just installed N12, works just fine.

but: my battery-indicator doesnt seem to work. at first it was at 100%.
i plugged in the charger when it dropped to 35%.
after some time charging, i took the cable off. however, the battery-status is now at 30%. it didnt charge (or its not displaying the charge)

known bug? how to fix?

/edit: after booting maemo again, i realized they the device wasnt really charging in android, although the android-menu did say it does.

hope it gets fixed soon.
Try this out open clock and put into power saving mode tht is by pressing the brightness button it is in right side top(only when u open clock) nw put into charge it should show the plug symbol nd %of battery..
Even i had the same problem but this worked out for m just give a try it should work..

The Following User Says Thank You to yeshwanthkv For This Useful Post:

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid