Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Thanks for your company and hard work Faheem, and good luck in your life.

Originally Posted by f2thak View Post
any chance anyone could clean this deb up and put it in the repos?? thanks

I would if I knew how but I dont !!
To clean it up, just hexedit it out and change the checksums.

If anyone bothered to run it through strace it'd probably tell a lot about its functionality.

Originally Posted by baxyp View Post
1. It's a dead platform, whatever UI app you code today, will be pretty much irrelevant on new device, unless you do it in QT maybe. I have no interest in C++ and QT, part of my decision to go with maemo, was that it had GTK.

[...]

Anyway, I recently got myself an ipad and I'm learning to code for it.

[...]
Lawl.

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
If I was an employee, his rant would, quite honestly, go in favour of me employing him.

It shows he is human with emotion, someone who is not scared to stand up for something he belives in, instead of being pushed into a corner and forced to work in uncomfortable confines: he is not scared of sticking his head up and putting forth his objections to the direction a project is heading.
The fact his rant is as bold and vulgar as it is shows he has a true passion for what does best

If I was an employee, I would be damn pleased to have him as part of my team.
Depends on job and position.

You'd assume your manager is also there for you yet most of them are asslicking puppets. Actually, scratch that, so are the other employees...

Anyway, IMO the many flames weren't necessary. They don't make an argument stronger. Nothing wrong with expressing your emotion, but it can be done in a more civilized manner.

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
If you prefer an open source solution, you might be interested in this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direx For This Useful Post:
Posts: 73 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Izmir - TURKEY
is it possible to add this : "when media player is completely off (and keys locked) pressing camera key won't start media player"? Can be dangerous in places where silence is important.

Originally Posted by Sin View Post
is it possible to add this : "when media player is completely off (and keys locked) pressing camera key won't start media player"? Can be dangerous in places where silence is important.
The app is closed source and the developer left in a rage of childish insults. True as many of those insults may have been, he was a baby about the whole issue.

Anyway, it won't happen unless someone develops a brand new application.

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by mannakiosk View Post
ps Qwerty, I'm sure you could get some diagnosis (ADD, Aspergers, Tourettes?), if you think it could help...

Having read that RANT, I came to the conclusion that he must have one of these disorders. Autism maybe, I suspect.

The most ingenius of people usually have disorders of this kind. Either that, or they take some kind of drugs. Musicians did some of their best music when under the influence of drugs. eg. Pink Floyd

Poor boy.

Last edited by JamesBond@ge; 2011-06-11 at 12:01.

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
I have only just fully read that rant now, overboard much?

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Seeing as there is a childish nature eminating from the poster of this thread, I just have to add this:

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
No good will come of this.

Why take te trouble to dig an old skeleton out. What purpose would it serve, but to sate a passing curiosity or gossipy nature in us..
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
True.

But...(there had to be a but lol)

I guess it has become relevant again.

I went searching for this thread because it was being discussed in the Stskeeps thread. I've sat here and read all 18 pages and felt I had to chip in my opinion. I was only just joining these forums when this went on originally, due to being stuck in the world of the N97.

But I could just be being flippant......

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
JamesBond, maybe it's childish or maybe it's just fanatic believes (that actually i agree with), but this man made a lot more than you and me together for maemo. So at least do something usefull before you judge others, coz it's a lot easier to judge than to make something yourself.
The generation of consumers!

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:

Tags
childish, fa[n]bo[j]s, icanhazapp?, ranting, reality, ridiculous, strong language, teen_angst, warning