Notices

Is changing the keys still the same old way or it will alter some of the new stuff ?

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Brazil
PERFECT!!!!

I'll just backup all my configs, remember which key is what code (so that P will not pause the game) and etc...

O=111
P=112
or something around this lines.

Thank you!

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
Is changing the keys still the same old way or it will alter some of the new stuff ?
Nah, only graphics stuff has changed (gles2n64.conf). Keys is as usual. In fact, you don't have to delete keys configuration if you don't want to.

---

I've been playing around the build for a while, and while it does not seem any faster (at least if you already abused frame skipping ), it does seem to crash a bit less here.

Last edited by javispedro; 2011-06-06 at 01:09.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
I've tested :
- Super Mario : faster now but the cutscenes is slow with choppy sound
- Legend of Zelda (first time testing) : normal with very slow cutscenes and choppy sound
- Rayman 2 : didn't work
- Resident Evil 2 : didn't work
can i configure up+right to enter, and up+left to period [ . ] ?

The only strange thing in the last version (still have to see this one) is that, inside places like in super mario 64 (the ghost house) the room in the back, or in banjo kazooie, while talking to the cheatoo, or in the ghost house (too) in a room on the top (with the broken wooden), the camera will go to on top of the ceiling.

But I've played with these SO MUCH in the past that I almost know what to do with my eyes closed |:P

PERFECT!!! All my configs are still here!!! |:)

Bummer: Now I cannot change the framerate (as you said it wouldn't)... you said that now there's separate configs for each game? How do I access them? Or, how can I make one? Because here to "Try" to play Paper Mario it needs to be framerate 1 (0= black screen), and the other games, run fine/better with higher ones.

Thank you!

Last edited by Temporal; 2011-06-06 at 02:01.

Originally Posted by Temporal View Post
Bummer: Now I cannot change the framerate (as you said it wouldn't)... you said that now there's separate configs for each game? How do I access them? Or, how can I make one? Because here to "Try" to play Paper Mario it needs to be framerate 1 (0= black screen), and the other games, run fine/better with higher ones.

Thank you!
Direct Copy/Paste from pandora forum:
This applies to the GFX plugin:

For 0.0.5 you have two config files:

- The global configuration

gles2n64.conf

Settings in here affect all games. This file can be
opened and edited with Mupens 'Configuration' menu entry.

- The 'per game' configuration

gles2n64rom.conf

Settings in here affect only the respective game. Each
game 'inherits' the global settings from gles2n64.conf but
these options can override the settings in the global
configuration.

This file can only be opened externally (yet), there is no
GUI option to access it at the moment.
This'll be located in /home/user/.mupen64plus/gles2n64rom.conf

Example config (from same page):

rom name=PAPER MARIO
auto frameskip=0
frame render rate=1
update mode=4

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IzzehO For This Useful Post:
Oh, thank you!!!

cool, I can play f-zero x on the bus again. Thank you!

@JavisPedro: I'm really sorry I've insinuated on making no progress.
I've seen the last update (thought it was coïncidence, lol), but things are working far more smooth. Graphics looks fine (to me) and sound is playing, albeit somewhat choppy. With the framerate on 2, Zelda plays ok, not very smooth, but buttons pressed does have a reaction, not after 0.3 seconds or so.

Thank you very much!

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
javispedro/IzzehO,

One thing has persisted over the last few updates - sigseiv error when highlighting a rom in the rom browser and clicking the play button. The error forces a battery-out reset or very long press of the power key.

Is this something that can be corrected easily?

Otherwise great work on the update - able to successfully play SM64 with good sound now!

Tags
emulator, games, mupen64plus, nintendo, nintendo64