Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Might need to give this a try!

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by price View Post
i've tried to remove one of my status-applet and reinstall the wlan-driver-selector but i can't see them. what can i do? thank you
likewise but no joy...

any help would be much appreciated

Posts: 135 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I have the wl1251-maemo drivers uncompressed.
Well, I put "Select location of Bleeding Edge drivers" and cannot find the correct path inside this folder.
Paths would be:
Code:
wl1251-maemo/binary
wl1251-maemo/binary/compat-wireless
wl1251-maemo/binary/kernel-power
wl1251-maemo/binary/osso-wlan
wl1251-maemo/patches
wl1251-maemo/patches/compat
wl1251-maemo/patches/compat-wireless
wl1251-maemo/patches/kernel-power
wl1251-maemo/patches/osso-wlan
wl1251-maemo/patches/wireless-testing
wl1251-maemo/source

What path should I choose to the applet to detect it?

edit: path is inside MyDocs. full path would be /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/wl1251-maemo (yeah, double folder here).-

Last edited by sr00t; 2011-06-02 at 16:58.

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Like some others I can't get the status-applet showing.
I have tried restartedand rebooted the device but det apllet is not showing. I tried uninstalling another aplet and still I can't see the applet.

Originally Posted by moepda View Post
likewise but no joy...

any help would be much appreciated
i define myself a noob. i use linux (maemo, ubuntu, xubuntu and linux mint) for 2 years and i love how it works. i don't know how to solve this problem and i wish someone can help me. i really appreciate a suggestion from a power-user. i've checked and all the dependencies are installed. i'm on power-kernel 47 and cssu .15.
i have also installed cpu-mem applet, simple-brightness applet, 2g-3g mode selector, and wlan-switcher.
can something of these applet conlict with driver-seletor?

The Following User Says Thank You to price For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by price View Post
i define myself a noob. i use linux (maemo, ubuntu, xubuntu and linux mint) for 2 years and i love how it works. i don't know how to solve this problem and i wish someone can help me. i really appreciate a suggestion from a power-user. i've checked and all the dependencies are installed. i'm on power-kernel 47 and cssu .15.
i have also installed cpu-mem applet, simple-brightness applet, 2g-3g mode selector, and wlan-switcher.
can something of these applet conlict with driver-seletor?
Maybe 2g/3g selector. I've got the rest installed and I see the applet (but I can't make it work, see two posts above ^).
So try seeing if that selector is causing you problems.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
A though on the applet not appearing for some people: This status menu applet is written in Python. Sometimes, when a status menu python applet is the first python program you install, the app managers **** up somehow, and something ends up not working, and the status menu applet you installed doesn't show up.

So, as an alternative, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling, and if THAT doesn't fix it, uninstalling, installing python by itself first, with "apt-get install python" as root in x-terminal, and then trying to install the applet again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Jamaica
The app is not loading the drivers again for me. after I install the program, it worked but after a phone restart it did not work again even tho the app says that the drivers are loaded.

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
A though on the applet not appearing for some people: This status menu applet is written in Python. Sometimes, when a status menu python applet is the first python program you install, the app managers **** up somehow, and something ends up not working, and the status menu applet you installed doesn't show up.

So, as an alternative, I recommend uninstalling and reinstalling, and if THAT doesn't fix it, uninstalling, installing python by itself first, with "apt-get install python" as root in x-terminal, and then trying to install the applet again.
thank you for the help mentalist i've followed your instruction: i've unistalled all the applets and all the dependencies of python, i've rebooted the phone and then i've installed the driver-selector but it never appeared. now i've reinstalled all the programs. i'm waiting for new instruction. thank you very much

Originally Posted by sr00t View Post
I have the wl1251-maemo drivers uncompressed.
Well, I put "Select location of Bleeding Edge drivers" and cannot find the correct path inside this folder.
Paths would be:
Code:
wl1251-maemo/binary
wl1251-maemo/binary/compat-wireless
wl1251-maemo/binary/kernel-power
wl1251-maemo/binary/osso-wlan
wl1251-maemo/patches
wl1251-maemo/patches/compat
wl1251-maemo/patches/compat-wireless
wl1251-maemo/patches/kernel-power
wl1251-maemo/patches/osso-wlan
wl1251-maemo/patches/wireless-testing
wl1251-maemo/source

What path should I choose to the applet to detect it?

edit: path is inside MyDocs. full path would be /home/user/MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/wl1251-maemo (yeah, double folder here).-
Can someone help me with this please?

Tags
announce, applet, bleeding edge, driver, monitor, not4noobs