Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Indeed Marxian, that is what I figured. And so the issue of xtube's depends arises. As it reaches disfunctionality it would be best to make it uninstallable, or withdraw it. No big deal tho' ...

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Just a quick update. The QML video player is now implemented, along with the ability to play or download a YouTube playlist, and play multiple videos from any video list. There are a few bug fixes also. I will post a full changelog when the update is released. The update is delayed solely because I cannot get the plugin path to work, except via the command line (not an acceptable situation for end users). Adding the plugin path is required to enable use of the QML video component. The instructions given in the Forum Nokia Wiki do not work :/ .

In the meantime, I will post some screenshots:

You can scroll through the playlist during playback, and select a video to play. You can also move to the previous/next video by using a swipe gesture.

My website

GitHub

Last edited by marxian; 2011-05-29 at 21:32.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Can't wait!!! Thanks a lot Marxian! (Y)

@marxian

If you are attempting to use Qt Mobility 1.2, I fixed this issue by setting import QtMultimediaKit 1.1 instead of 1.2 in the Qml file, I think. I had the Qml import path as /opt/qtm12/imports, I think. No laptop round to test.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Which one of my CuteTube homies uploaded this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83RMD...e_gdata_player

"Mum sally lol"

Haha!

Originally Posted by Reffyyyy View Post
@marxian

If you are attempting to use Qt Mobility 1.2, I fixed this issue by setting import QtMultimediaKit 1.1 instead of 1.2 in the Qml file, I think. I had the Qml import path as /opt/qtm12/imports, I think. No laptop round to test.
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I get the same result as before. I can only get the plugin path to work by entering

Code:
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qtm12/plugins
When following the Wiki instructions, it seems that the import path is set successfully, but not the plugin path.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. However, I get the same result as before. I can only get the plugin path to work by entering

Code:
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=/opt/qtm12/plugins
When following the Wiki instructions, it seems that the import path is set successfully, but not the plugin path.
I'll take a look when I get home tomorrow. Have you edited the pro file? Try the QML Import path and maybe the "Config" field too.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reffyyyy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
@Marxian: a close friend of mine is developing Shelby.tv, which is a video aggregator and works pretty well, pulling in your 'liked' videos from FB and Twitter.

Right now it's just for the web, but he hopes to create apps for (you know what's coming) iOS and Android by the end of the year.

Would this be something worth creating for Maemo5?

Banned | Posts: 695 | Thanked: 308 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ originally pakistan ,now in china
marxian can you add an other site in this app or can u make another app for youku.com ( chinese youtube ) ?
-REQUEST- as youtube is blocked here in china .
so ?

The problem is that many sites use RTMP, and these streams cannot be accessed easily. To tell the truth, I have had enough of messing with video streaming over HTTP. It's a PITA, so I do not intend on embarking on any other video streaming projects (apart from BeBeCe, that is). My next projects are BeBeCe and a MythTV-related application.

P.S cuteTube has support for network proxies.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube