Closed Thread
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Not asking for candy here folks, but.. what do you think about this new Nokia sense-UI? As shown in the little teaser vid. Too premature to tell, but it seems really nice Before going offtopic on this, would it be a nice feat in the CSSU?

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 376 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Hungary
Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
Not asking for candy here folks, but.. what do you think about this new Nokia sense-UI? As shown in the little teaser vid. Too premature to tell, but it seems really nice Before going offtopic on this, would it be a nice feat in the CSSU?
Sigh... That would not be a "feature". That would be an entirely new UI, new window-manager, desktop, whatever. We've been there. CSSU is about fixing bugs, making things faster and hopefully more stable. It will not bring you Android Browser, Flash 10.3, steroscopic 3D screen and built-in laser with Evil Masterplan app. CSSU is something that will (in time) be pushed to all N900 (who is willing to update). It wont force you to download 2 gigs of cr@pware, that you don't know about and probably will never use. Like a new UI. Now making it as a separate project would be interesting, that I agree.

Last edited by zdanee; 2011-05-25 at 13:13.

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to zdanee For This Useful Post:
Come on ! we want our N900 to shoot lighting bolts out of its USB ports ! That would be c.o.o.l ! and we can use it like a taser bro !

You devs are like Neo man ! You can do anything !

Pretty please ?

Originally Posted by zdanee View Post
Sigh... That would not be a "feature". That would be an entirely new UI, new window-manager, desktop, whatever. We've been there. CSSU is about fixing bugs, making things faster and hopefully more stable. It will not bring you Android Browser, Flash 10.3, steroscopic 3D screen and built-in laser with Evil Masterplan app. CSSU is something that will (in time) be pushed to all N900 (who is willing to update). It wont force you to download 2 gigs of cr@pware, that you don't know about and probably will never use. Like a new UI. Now making it as a separate project would be interesting, that I agree.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Come on ! we want our N900 to shoot lighting bolts out of its USB ports ! That would be c.o.o.l ! and we can use it like a taser bro !

You devs are like Neo man ! You can do anything !

Pretty please ?
You have just made them scrap the whole project and start again from the beginning ooooer

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
i think the most wanted feature should be :

Portrait Lock..which locks the phone in portrait mode and only goes into landscape when keyboard is open.. if i get that..Phone is complete for me.

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Qatar
Not only portrait mode we need a back button for go back to previous screen

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Santhan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 104 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ St. Paul, MN
Wait, no built-in laser with Evil Masterplan app? Sh*t.

-to make this post somewhat less uninformative and useless spam: Many thanks to the dev's and everyone testing this out for them, it's what makes the cssu go round!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sphinx780 For This Useful Post:
Request for patch against modest;

Allow setting of gconf key for fetch_external_images and trigger said function when a new email is rendered, for those of us who don't want to tap "display images" for every single menial email.

Possible?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
What is the new camera UI CSSU uses? Is there a guide on how to use it? I can not figure out how to use the video mode.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Could any or all of the dev's working on the CSSU please go vote and leave a comment on the Petition thread? it could prove interesting.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73419

Thankyou in advance.

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade