Active Topics

Well. Sometimes something unique comes out of it

you all still dont get that you dont know do you ... we dont know, we just dont know. someone does, but they arent here.

dont worry though, someone has the device and someone will leak a video of the UI and it all happens the same way these days the best thing to do is continue holding out, not like we dont have practice.

we at least have a ceiling now, cant be any later than june 24th or the device will reveal itself. so no worries just another month

nice: post number 2526

The Following User Says Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
Here, the concept "Future disruption" may be related to the concept "contingency plan". Nokia can't go out and say "but in case -- just in case --Microsoft fools us, we'll keep MeeGo around".

At this time, Nokia will lose srs face if they try to go back to Symbian. Especially since half the Symbian world probably feel betrayed. They'll lose some face if they revisit Android too, but less now because of the leadership change.

And all I've seen says that Nokia did not cut the MeeGo project funding completely immediately after the W7P announcement, what they did was limit it and saying that once [whatever hardware milestone we're waiting for right now] is reached, THEN they'd cut funding back to R&D status. So, the last Nokia MeeGo code clearly isn't written yet.

Last edited by volt; 2011-05-23 at 22:25.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by erendorn View Post
But Nokia still contributes to Meego, if I'm not mistaken. So why punish the "Meego interested" part of Nokia when the changes comes from elsewhere in the management (ie from some people who don't really care about the Meego conference)
True, we shall not forget meego n900de :-)

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by volt View Post
Here, the concept "Future disruption" may be related to the concept "contingency plan". Nokia can't go out and say "but in case -- just in case --Microsoft fools us, we'll keep MeeGo around".
yes, meego is still plan b
imho

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
People on the net are confusing Nokia memo announcing Funding for MeeGo only until next summer, thinking there is nothing after that, but budget will get reviewed before it ends, and it might go up or down depending on state of the WP strategy.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2011-05-23 at 22:28.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
People on the net are confusing Nokia announcing Funding for MeeGo until next summer, thinking there is nothing after that, but budget will get reviewed before it ends, and it might go up or down depending on state of the WP strategy.
Clearly, they've said that MeeGo is going back to R&D status with less funding. The budget can always go up and down, but they've indicated a down.

Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
True, we shall not forget meego n900de :-)
yes, remember, from the beginning nokia told us that they wont give us meego for n900. also before elop came in... and now we will get a meego de with the help of nokia... thats a big step in my eyes...

maybe.. just maybe... elop was only allowed to make the deal with ms if he keeps meego in the backhand if wp7/8 fails...

just my 2ct

EDIT
and i really really wish them to fail...

Last edited by Brock; 2011-05-23 at 22:34.

Again, I am uncertain of the Nokia interpretations. My interpretation has been this:

From the beginning they've said "no comment" on MeeGo for N900, until the day when they said "There will be MeeGo, but not supported/for consumers". That's the DE right there.

That was a bold statement right there, actually. It's rare to go from "no comment" to "sorta", like this. Well, they needed a platform for the developers.

Also, it seems to me that most of the MeeGo development has been done out in the open. The main part of the work has usually been done following an announcement. This is different from the dictatorship, where the device usually is ready to ship before anyone dares talk about it.

Last edited by volt; 2011-05-23 at 22:43.

Originally Posted by Alee View Post
what is this guy holding in his hand? could it be?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thp4/57...l-1658881@N24/
nice device... could be the device from the leaked teaser!?

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland