Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Oh come on leave him alone. If you don't like him leave this thread. He didn't insult anyone, he was joking. Everybody please don't be so picky.
________
Legally_Blond

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
WP/ is a huge failure considering 500m divisiion marketing had with xbox360

both are being beaten up, ps3 outselling 360 for 5 months now worldwide

@danramos, i dont know if your last post was refering to me or garyc2011, but just to be clear i did not create another account.

@qwazix, im not so sure about it. i gave him the opportunity to clarify his intentions and he then picked on me like an 8years old kid would.

so...
back on topic?

Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Somebody was frustrated enough to create himself a second account. Welcome "new guy".
So do you make an effort to be this arrogant or did you have "Daddy Issues" growing up? Either ways I suggest you seek medical help right away.

Originally Posted by resonate View Post
So do you make an effort to be this arrogant or did you have ...
danramos is danramos.
If you think he's arrogant you've never
seen a real arrogant person.
;-)

Can we stop now ad personas please?
Thanks.

I'd rather like to know, if there are proofs that WP7 is "all new".
Wikipedia says:
"Windows Phone 7 is a mobile operating system developed by Microsoft, and is the successor to its Windows Mobile platform."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Phone_7

I also cannot imagine that MS developes a complete OS from scratch in such a short time.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PMaff For This Useful Post:
Guys and Gals, please calm down. At this rate the thread is either going to get locked by a mod or your posts are going to get deleted.
Please keep it clean.

Originally Posted by choufleur47 View Post
you say its just been 4 years since iphone so teens should remember the wm experience when in reality, nobody gived a damn about smartphones back then except businesses. like kojacker, azkay and richwhite proved, even if there actually WERE wm phones in almost every store selling phones, most dont remember that because NOBODY CARED ABOUT SMARTPHONES 5 YEARS AGO.

you say "I still think that you're just not looking at the bigger picture and myopically focused on the idea that Windows Phone 7 is supposed to be new code. I don't think the broader market of consumers will care about that detail"
when in fact, the detail is the ****in W in wp7 that no mass consumer will give a damn about because they never heard of wm before anyway and are not dumb enough to think its the same thing anyway and will TRY the phone, in their hand, in the store, and see how it works because mass consumers buy phones in retail outlets.
You really think a 15years old kid will care about wp7 vs wm??? Really? whos not looking at the big picture here?
I'd have to disagree with this, teens did give a damn though I'm not sure why it's teens we are concentrating on. Like I said smartphones have become more mainstream but it's not like MS was sitting around twiddling their thumbs or not releasing windows mobile phones when smartphones were picking up steam. There were loads released to combat the Iphone, one of the most famous ones (at least here in the UK) was the Xperia X1, but there was also the HTC HD1, 2, Touch pro, etc. These weren't aimed at the business user they were smartphones with media as one of their main selling points. I still remember the TV ads too, they weren't pushing the office side of things but the media playback. Teens did buy those phones. Some will associate their experience with it to WP7. why wouldn't they? You think brand association does not exist? you think somebody who had a good experience of one brands product would not be more likely to look at their succeeding product first? you think somebody who had a bad experience of one brands product would not be more likely to look at other brands first? In fact WP7 was very much about the rebranding, more than the code change. One of it's main changes was also to give a Zune-like experience to unify the two brands.

I also think you give teens way too much credit. I'm willing to bet rational decision making is suppressed by the desire to have the latest most popular device with most people. I went to the Flagship Nokia store to try my N900 but my decision was made before I tried the different phones because the things that annoy or amaze you about a phone often don't surface at a short shop visit, you've more than likely made up your mind before you walk in. If you walk in at all that is, I'm sure a lot of people don't even do that and just read internet hearsay, forums or reviews. I'm still convinced half the people bad mouthing ground up redesigned Symbian^3 on the internet haven't even tried it.

Last edited by Cue; 2011-05-20 at 16:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by qwazix View Post
Oh come on leave him alone. If you don't like him leave this thread. He didn't insult anyone, he was joking. Everybody please don't be so picky.
S'okay. They're clearly flaimbaiting and hoping to turn it into an insult thread. He didn't even recognize that his first statement sounded like a commonly known joke about statistics. (i.e. http://www.prismdecision.com/98-of-a...tics-are-false) I have nothing to apologize for and he didn't get it, so he decided to just flame me (probably feeling embarassed?).

Anyway...

Originally Posted by PMaff View Post
danramos is danramos.
If you think he's arrogant you've never
seen a real arrogant person.
;-)
Funny, eh? The claim I'm arrogant, but in the same breath SOMEONE decided to flame at "yanks". Oh the irony. :P

Can we stop now ad personas please?
Thanks.
Agreed.

I'd rather like to know, if there are proofs that WP7 is "all new".
Wikipedia says:
"Windows Phone 7 is a mobile operating system developed by Microsoft, and is the successor to its Windows Mobile platform."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Phone_7

I also cannot imagine that MS developes a complete OS from scratch in such a short time.
I'm not sure about "proof", but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...indows_Phone_7 points it out and listed this URL (http://pocketnow.com/thought/thought...photon-is-dead) as citation to the statement for the entry with the relevant paragraph probably being:
Well Photon was scrapped, probably around 2008 when the Mobile division of Microsoft saw a big reorganization. With that, Microsoft started from scratch to build the next generation of Windows Mobile, or Windows Phone as they began calling it in 2009.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Originally Posted by Cue View Post
Guys and Gals, please calm down. At this rate the thread is either going to get locked by a mod or your posts are going to get deleted.
Please keep it clean.

I'd have to disagree with this, teens did give a damn though I'm not sure why it's teens we are concentrating on. Like I said smartphones have become more mainstream but it's not like MS was sitting around twiddling their thumbs or not releasing windows mobile phones when smartphones were picking up steam. There were loads released to combat the Iphone, one of the most famous ones (at least here in the UK) was the Xperia X1, but there was also the HTC HD1, 2, Touch pro, etc. These weren't aimed at the business user they were smartphones with media as one of their main selling points. I still remember the TV ads too, they weren't pushing the office side of things but the media playback. Teens did buy those phones. Some will associate their experience with it to WP7. why wouldn't they? You think brand association does not exist? you think somebody who had a good experience of one brands product would not be more likely to look at their succeeding product first? you think somebody who had a bad experience of one brands product would not be more likely to look at other brands first? In fact WP7 was very much about the rebranding, more than the code change. One of it's main changes was also to give a Zune-like experience to unify the two brands.

I also think you give teens way too much credit. I'm willing to bet rational decision making is suppressed by the desire to have the latest most popular device with most people. I went to the Flagship Nokia store to try my N900 but my decision was made before I tried the different phones because the things that annoy or amaze you about a phone often don't surface at a short shop visit, you've more than likely made up your mind before you walk in. If you walk in at all that is, I'm sure a lot of people don't even do that and just read internet hearsay, forums or reviews. I'm still convinced half the people bad mouthing ground up redesigned Symbian^3 on the internet haven't even tried it.
i put a lot of emphasis on teens because they generally are the first consumers of new tech products, especially when these products are considered cool, and smartphone is quite the definition of cool these days. i worked in a electronic stores for the last 2 years in sales and (maybe its not like that everywhere in the world but here in quebec) id say 80% of our sales of smartphones were to teenagers and young adults between 16 and 24 id say as average. i also make my mind before entering a store to buy a phone, but i am not a normal consumer and i am quite informed on new products as you must also be. you'd be suprised how many people still prefer to be advised by a salesman!

you are right that phones like the hd, hd2, x1, etc were marketed as media consumption devices but i think these phones were not too bad. they were only bad if you then compared them to the iphone. i remember the phone reviews back then, every new wm phone was the next iphone killer and the reviews were usually quite good (like for the att tilt i had). what changed everything was the app store in my opinion. the ability to get thousands of apps so easily was a huge difference from all the trouble you had to deal with on a wm phone and it changed the way we use our phone. so my point here is, when we look back at it, we can say it was ****, but at the time, especially before the iphone, it was the best we had and to me, it was quite good so im not sure everybody is mad at microsoft for their mobile OS. Personally, i dont like wp7 but i believe it has its chances of success

Tags
competitors, goodbye nokia