Originally Posted by flareup View Post
forgot to mention the best bit, I think only Milhouse will be interested if memory serves.....

AT LAST, hi res BBC news streaming vid!!!!!!
How do you see this. I cannot get see any BBC streaming vids?

EDIT: Never mind. i can see them when I click on Use external viewer.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by deeteroderdas View Post
I can confirm problems with soft poweroff: With 2007, I had it set for the long power button keypress. When I did that, the screen would blank, come back on, then go off until I pressed the power button again.

Now: Same settings as above, long press give the blank, come back on. Now the power button is totally unresponsive.

Is this the problem you are having?
No, soft poweroff is now entirely functionless other than to disable the power menu. Screen blanks and then can be instantly and easily reactivated by simply tapping the touchscreen or pressing a key.

If anybody else is having major trouble with the soft poweroff feature, please vote and comment on the issue over here.

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by murphy View Post
Since OS2008 is installed, when I restart OS2007 from SD it starts fine BUT wifi seems disabled ! No signal found !
Anyone else ?
Yes, several. Known problem, no solution yet. Search.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
motorola H350 (mono BT headset) also works fine for the whole sound (phonecalls, system-sounds, mediaplayer, doom ...)
(after some help from jmancine, thx)
greets
Tark

Is it possible to configure the d-pad to scroll web pages instead of the useless selection of hyperlinks?

Posts: 305 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Colorado
Could some kind soul(s) tell me whether Notecase, Abiword and/or Evince work in the 2008OS beta?

Thnx!

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by kyyla View Post
Is it possible to configure the d-pad to scroll web pages instead of the useless selection of hyperlinks?
It scrolls by default if you just hold it down for a bit.

But if you mean paging down, then someone posted a method just today:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...884#post100884

Posts: 248 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ MI, USA
I was very reluctant to install the new "beta" software but I figured how bad can it be ? Will I not be able to view my favorite web pages ? uncheck already couldn't view many of my fav pages(incl. ITT), better overall speed and possibly better battery life, check, and possibly a few proggy's not yet pkgd for OS2008, I'll take my chances..

So I think I've cut my random browser crashes by about 80% so far from 07 to 08 and I may have to wait for a few more of my fav programs to come out but it's well worth it to me.

Even though they called this release a beta I almost wonder if our 2nd to last 07 update wasn't a "beta release" as well, since the update to that update was pretty fast..

And I as many others am having some issues with recompiled apps, Skype included (for which I finally got it to install this eve, no idea how just kept refreshing app manger and also going to the ever useful repo list and after a couple more times it finally installed, I did NOT have to use X-term or become root etc., I just installed from the avail pkg in App Mgr)

I now know though why so many people were running the hacked version of OS2008 though, seems like they've really improved many aspects with the IT and streamlined many functions.

Now if only I could get my tablet's bluetooth to play nice with my new DUO..

The Following User Says Thank You to TTgowings For This Useful Post:
Big thanks to all the .torrent seeders.

I bought this N800 a few days ago. Couldn't get it to get my home Wifi (connecte, but Network problem every time I tried to go to the Web). I installed the official release....and the whole thing works like a charm! Wow! Everything I was hoping for in an Internet tablet.