Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
They are just keeping the visual identity. I wouldn't be surprise if it looks like Symbian future mock-ups. It's definitely MeeGo
picture is not anna just anna icons Symbian belle on the other hand will look similar to harmattan in style with top bar but with updated home screens like ones on android/maemo5

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by P@t View Post
On my side, I believe that Harmattan is ready for many months (supposed to be delivered at the end of last year) so they had plenty of time to polish it further?!
I do not expect much Nokia support. But if at least I can dual boot with Meego that would be fantastic
Then the rest is 3rd party apps and if we have at least what is for the N900, I would be satisfied (not 100% but the % is enough).
But let's see the hardware first

Yes That may be the reason some of the Nokia employers now is working on N900DE instead :-D

Nxxx maybe is mostly ready for release so they got some tiome over working on n900de instead :-)

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
As said, MeeGo is *part* of future disruptions.

No doubt everyone should do that. Never blindly buy something. My intention wasn't to push anyone to buy that device.
I'm just sick of all that Nokia bashing. Yes they made a decision. Yes, we don't like it.
But did you know most Nokia employees don't like it either and they want MeeGo as success?
So I for my part will go ahead and work with every MeeGo-device I can get. Even if it is from "evil-Nokia".

Also Nokia said clearly to me, that if this device will be a commercial success they of course will continue to push MeeGo.
WP7 will mostly replace Symbian. That's because Nokia does have a problem with delays and buggy software at Symbian. So they need a company making software for them.
Can you tel us, will this N9/50 have the same 12MP camera as the N8?
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Guys, they are building the UI in QT, no wonder all good practices of UI design will be ported to Symbian and vice versa...

dont fight too much of whether Symbian or Meego on UI alone.... The UI is great, and the base layer is greater...

Just wish Nokia use Alien Dalvik to allow the device to gain traction.... once the traction is gained, all other OS are kiddos before this.... (e.g. buggy android, or closed IOS)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IcyMoustache For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by Verythrax View Post
EDIT: c'mon even the Alien Dalvik official page have a photoshopped image of a N900 to illustrate what the sofware does!
http://www.myriadgroup.com/Device-Ma...en-Dalvik.aspx
take a look at youtube and you will find a video with the n900 which IS running the alien dalvik (no photoshop ). N900 was the first phone running alien dalvik... the only problem is that no one can buy AD...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by rosh View Post
according to the calender in the commercial video it says 2010 and 29th (Wednesday).

Only September and December have 29th on Wednesday. So the commercial is made 6-7 months ago?
It most be a bug in the calendarapp please fill a bugreport

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
My try to stop the rumor about that teaser being shot already months ago:

Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
No, because when doing software demos the date is often (if not usually) set to a specific date or just plain wrong.
As Jaffa said, it is possible to have a wrong date in a calendar. You are even able to set a date in the future. So if there would be a date like 17 July 2011 shown in the video, would have everyone said: "OMGZ, Nokiazz hazz developezzd a frikkin time machiiin"???
The N9 then would be sold as:
"Nokia N9 - comes with music time machine"

But as there is no time machine just yet (as far as I know) there is no way to "beam" those new Nokia Anna icons back in time! And they are only some weeks old.
KTHXB!

Originally Posted by The Wizard of Huz View Post
Can you tel us, will this N9/50 have the same 12MP camera as the N8?
Yes, nearly the same. 12 mpix, Carl Zeiss, Auto Focus (no stupid EDOF; expect beatiful macro shots!). With a huge image sensor.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
But as there is no time machine just yet (as far as I know) there is no way to "beam" those new Nokia Anna icons back in time! And they are only some weeks old.
KTHXB!
EDIT: Nevermind, then

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
KTHXB!
They might have been in development for quite a longer time than that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joppu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 490 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hannover-Germany-EU-Earth
Originally Posted by dtergens View Post
Yep, there was indication :
i think you missed a few unimportent informations regarding nokias smartphone future...

The Following User Says Thank You to Brock For This Useful Post:

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland