Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Seems like the census of people here are excited for it; don't blame you.

But are you excited because it's a new phone to replace your N900 - I sold my original one, the one at the office died with the microUSB coming out despite shaving down the microUSB barbs - or because it's a new Nokia that might allow you to program in your language of choice and seemingly might keep its Debian base?

All in all, I'm actually feeling positive about this as a developers platform. Would love to hear what the vendors are saying/planning to do though.
I'm looking forward to it because I came to the N900 from S^1 and the functionality and possibilities blew my mind. I just got a Samsung Focus to see how WP7 is and while i like the polished apps, i do miss having a mini computer with me. This seems to be a real successor to the N900 and i feel like that's kinda necessary - i love the N900 but it would be nice to not have to OC and use swappolube, and it would be nice to have a better camera and a slimmer phone.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
To be fair, you didn't have to overclock and use swappolube until the other phones started to surpass the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
To be fair, you didn't have to overclock and use swappolube until the other phones started to surpass the N900.
I've never felt surpassed by other phones, i just noticed lag. Not fresh out of the box - even now if i flash i'm amazed how fast it is. But certainly after some use it gets laggy, and i OCed not because i felt i had to but because i wanted to see how much difference it made. Obviously after running at 900MHz going back to 600 really makes a difference, especially with opening apps.

Oh i'd also like the N9/50 to have an app manager that doesn't absolutely suck

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by somedude View Post
tmobile usa new leak says astound 4G in september hope thats N9 which means we get the wifi calling (not voip) in it. and as the sources point that its symbian 3.1 hope they got confused by the anna pack icons too.
december 2011 looks good after two years.. as long as DRM is present so top notch 3rd party eye candy apps are available.
The Nokia Astound is a 4G enabled Nokia C7.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
AT 23sec - 25sec, there is a .1second glimpse at its multitasking.
Here you go

Lol no hard feeling guys. I'm safely leaning toward the SGSII instead, it has better potentials in term of hardware spec and long term support from Google. I would rather trust my money on Google than Nokia, though Google taking my information but Nokia taking my trust.[/QUOTE]

Given the lack of support for the N900 by Nokia it seems most sensible people's money would be better spent on the SGSII or HTC Sensation. Even the LG meego os phone maybe a better option

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Some notices:
-An icon for Mokia maps and Driving/routing (the arrow icon at the bottom) Does anyone own a symbian? What is the arrow icon?

-A skype icon at the top right
-Portrait mode
-CBW or whatever screen

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
I'm safely leaning toward the SGSII instead, it has better potentials in term of hardware spec and long term support from Google.
Is there an official announcement yet? No.
So how are you able to judge about the hardware?

I call the possibility to upgrade every six month for eternity a pretty good long term support..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zehjotkah For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Well then all of could say that.

Personally I think first Maemo CSSU people and N900de should have one. Even if some maybe cant attend... Cause they have given so much to the community..
Certainly if Thomas Perl, at very least, doesn't get one (or three) there's no justice in the world

The Following User Says Thank You to keithzg For This Useful Post:

after what happened on the n900 and Meego as a deadend system to Nokia - I find it incredible you can say that HERE of all places with a straight face...

or are you laughing your head off in real life when you are typing this ?

this is a dev/geek/DIY device no doubt about it - if there is ANY support it will be from community - we know how reliable "fixed in hartleman" Nokia support is.... right ? not to mention even now Nokia hasnt released the closed blobs for the n900...

for the regular consumer... either you are incredibly ignorant about competitor products or you are having a laugh at our expense ....

but hey - SOMEONE is gotta do the "pump" before the dump happens right ?

Originally Posted by zehjotkah View Post
Is there an official announcement yet? No.
So how are you able to judge about the hardware?

I call the possibility to upgrade every six month for eternity a pretty good long term support..

Tags
duke nukem4eva, epic!, harmattan, n-950, nokia diamond, non-believers, rm680, wasteland