Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
can anyone post the version number of Skype/OS2007?
Version 1.7.23.27.4. Official release.
Release date: July 10, 2007.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to technut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
So could we conclude this is just a recompile of the previous release with maybe a handful of bug fixes (hard to tell from the inactive Skype/Jira bug tracker but I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt)?

Maybe in a few months we'll see some improvements in the Skype offering (ie. v2).

Ok, so its the same old Skype, love it or hate it... how about Gizmo? Does it now officially offer video to pc chat? Or is that still on hold indefintely?

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
Cheers for the heads-up - just installed, using it for the first time (upgraded from a 770 so don't have a frame of reference wrt. previous n800 versions...)

IM/text chatting with a friend as I write this - haven't tried voice yet but otherwise seems all ok so far...

Got the latest of Skype to work but it said not installed but it worked anyways. Could not get Gizmo video to work.

Should Skype support bt-headsets? I have tried a few but only some clicks, no voice at all.

I was able to install Skype, but it was crashing sporadically. Kind of annoying, and unreliable. I'm sticking with Gizmo for the time being....