Posts: 139 | Thanked: 135 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Cambridgeshire, UK
I am in the UK and have a new sim-free N900 for sale (photos at the end of this post) with the UK keyboard layout. My N900 recently completely failed and was sent to Nokia for repair and data recovery. They sent me a brand new (they confirmed that this was not just a refurbished unit) N900 and a brand new battery and stylus.

The back cover is still the original one (as they don't replace these in the UK under warranty) but this is also in excellent condition. It still fits tightly and has no visible scratches or marks on it. New back covers are available on ebay for under £10 / $15 if you wanted to make it totally fresh!

The only thing I have done with this phone is to charge it up, copy off my data (which Nokia had restored onto it from my RMA unit) and reflashed the global variant firmware and eMMC on to it to reset it to factory state. Aside from that this device is unused and brand new.

I have the original box, charger, USB cable, TV/audio out cable and manual as well as a USB/Nokia charger adapter (for using any old Nokia charger with the phone). The original headphones got chewed into two by my helpful cat, so those will not be included but obviously any can be used with this. Finally the box is for the first N900 which I had and so IMEI etc. printed on it will not match this brand new unit.

Why am I selling it? Whilst it was away for the 3 weeks being repaired I used an Android device which I had been given by a friend. I've just honestly found that a better fit for me and have enjoyed the wider range of software and functionality that gave me, simple as that really. I will miss my N900 and it's keyboard and web browsing prowess, but I think it will find a happier home somewhere else - especially given the lack of stock of them around the world.

This unit has NEVER been overclocked, as the question seems to arise a lot in other "N900 for sale" threads

I will consider sending this anywhere in the world, so long as payment is received and the buyer pays for the relevant postage. I will ONLY send it insured for obvious reasons, which to the UK would be around £10 (inc. VAT) according to the Royal Mail site. This would be Special Delivery, Next Day, Guaranteed by 1:00pm next day, insured and tracked. If you live near to me (I'm in Ely, near Cambridge) I'm happy for you to collect it and pay in person (obviously minus the postage).

I will accept *sensible* offers in UK Sterling pounds. At the time of writing £1 equals US$1.63 or €1.14 according to google.

If you do wish to buy from outside of the UK then you'll be responsible for making up any currency differences and foreign exchange charges (which I'll happily look up for you on request). These will of course be what I get charged for receiving foreign currency, I'm not trying to make extra cash on that or the postage - I wouldn't dream of it

Cheers,

Simon.

Sorry for the graininess of these - my house is a bit dark and the flash on a shiny phone is a no no!

Last edited by stopgap; 2011-05-09 at 22:18.

For the record, I would be happy to list this on eBay if the buyer pays the extra fees (probably around £5 - I have not checked) so that this sale is protected by their buyer protection etc.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colchester, UK
How much is it?

Originally Posted by stopgap View Post
I am in the UK and have a new sim-free N900 for sale (photos at the end of this post) with the UK keyboard layout. My N900 recently completely failed and was sent to Nokia for repair and data recovery. They sent me a brand new (they confirmed that this was not just a refurbished unit) N900 and a brand new battery and stylus.

The back cover is still the original one (as they don't replace these in the UK under warranty) but this is also in excellent condition. It still fits tightly and has no visible scratches or marks on it. New back covers are available on ebay for under £10 / $15 if you wanted to make it totally fresh!

The only thing I have done with this phone is to charge it up, copy off my data (which Nokia had restored onto it from my RMA unit) and reflashed the global variant firmware and eMMC on to it to reset it to factory state. Aside from that this device is unused and brand new.

I have the original box, charger, USB cable, TV/audio out cable and manual as well as a USB/Nokia charger adapter (for using any old Nokia charger with the phone). The original headphones got chewed into two by my helpful cat, so those will not be included but obviously any can be used with this. Finally the box is for the first N900 which I had and so IMEI etc. printed on it will not match this brand new unit.

Why am I selling it? Whilst it was away for the 3 weeks being repaired I used an Android device which I had been given by a friend. I've just honestly found that a better fit for me and have enjoyed the wider range of software and functionality that gave me, simple as that really. I will miss my N900 and it's keyboard and web browsing prowess, but I think it will find a happier home somewhere else - especially given the lack of stock of them around the world.

This unit has NEVER been overclocked, as the question seems to arise a lot in other "N900 for sale" threads

I will consider sending this anywhere in the world, so long as payment is received and the buyer pays for the relevant postage. I will ONLY send it insured for obvious reasons, which to the UK would be around £10 (inc. VAT) according to the Royal Mail site. This would be Special Delivery, Next Day, Guaranteed by 1:00pm next day, insured and tracked. If you live near to me (I'm in Ely, near Cambridge) I'm happy for you to collect it and pay in person (obviously minus the postage).

I will accept *sensible* offers in UK Sterling pounds. At the time of writing £1 equals US$1.63 or €1.14 according to google.

If you do wish to buy from outside of the UK then you'll be responsible for making up any currency differences and foreign exchange charges (which I'll happily look up for you on request). These will of course be what I get charged for receiving foreign currency, I'm not trying to make extra cash on that or the postage - I wouldn't dream of it

Cheers,

Simon.

Sorry for the graininess of these - my house is a bit dark and the flash on a shiny phone is a no no!

I will give you £100 cash pounds sterling for it.

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Nice. I think that you should list it on ebay and give the link here.

I will put it on eBay if someone specifically wants to buy it through eBay, but unless that is the case I'd rather not go through all of the hassle of scammers and non-paying buyers which I've experienced when selling mobiles on there in the past.

As for the offer of £100, thanks but even damaged second hand N900s go for more than that. I could get £150 from a recycling service for a second hand unit so offers will need to be significantly above that for this *new* unit

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Jagat4webber View Post
How much is it?
I have not set a price, I'm letting people make offers to me

So, any takers? This is a shameless bump I know but I'm very keen to sell this and quickly too so if anyone is looking - drop me a line

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
£150.

Would like a backup N900. Will give it a good home.

I would have offered more but given that this device has been out for 1.5 years and meego device/s will be out soon.

Thanks, but I'm looking for a higher price than this... they do sell on eBay regularly for more than this second hand so I'll have to say no to your offer