Active Topics

Notices

Hi everyone,

I need some help with my N900.

First I have installed the Nitdroid N11 and play with it a bit but I had some reboot problem but nothing wrong on the Maemo OS.

After installing the new Nitdroid N12 as stated in the forum, I have loaded into the N12 and play a bit with it. But the N900 were still rebooting every so often (may be every 10 min) into Nitdroid UMay aka N12. Because I didn't install the new kernel which is nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc3_armel.deb I have decided to do it and see if it will change anything. So after installing it it didn't change anything.

So I decided to reboot into Maemo but the boot option did not work anymore.
I have the N900 restarting every 50 sec, the orange light always on and the Nokia logo showing up but the phone doesn't get to the boot option.
I have try to load into boot mode but it doesn't work. I am not even sure if it is charging at all.

Did someone had the same problem? Can anybody help me?

Cheers

For anyone having the same problem.

I have found a solution. It seems like it was a battery problem.

What I have done is:

I have connected the N900 battery in parallel with an other cellphone battery by connecting the + to the + and the - to the - (here it was the Samsung SGH-F480); while the other cellphone was plugged to its charger and while the N900 was plugged to the USB. With that in place I was able to enter the rescue initrd boot mode and later flash the phone as usual.

Effectively it seems to me that the battery was not charging at all because the voltage was to low. Now it is charging normally.

Update:
The problem didn't go away. The orange flashing light seems to not working anymore when the charger or the USB is plugged in. No light appears. After using the phone for a while this morning it just stopped suddenly and the same problem persist.

Last edited by yanness; 2011-05-14 at 16:38.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yanness For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Major respect to you for you figuring out the issue on your own, and then coming back here and posting what you did to fix it to help others who might need it.