Notices

Posts: 210 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by augustthe View Post
i have a problem i keep on getting WARNING!bad cum check! i'm using the latest queen beecon
hehe you said cum

The Following User Says Thank You to ddiscodave For This Useful Post:
Posts: 143 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ France, St Martin
Originally Posted by ddiscodave View Post
hehe you said cum
hahaha i meant bad checksum! im try to install Overclock Control Panel widget i keep on getting WARNING!bad checksum i m using the latest queen beecon can any body help me out please

Last edited by augustthe; 2011-01-05 at 16:31.

Originally Posted by augustthe View Post
hahaha i meant bad checksum! im try to install Overclock Control Panel widget i keep on getting WARNING!bad checksum i m using the latest queen beecon can any body help me out please
Same problem here. Presumably the export needs to be updated for a newer version of QBC and exported here.

Is it possible to fix what I have said, or not? Leave one parameter Mem without these symbols in front

Last edited by UserM; 2011-05-08 at 10:10.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Since a restoration using Backupmenu, my widget displays temperatures between 250 and 380 °C. It's pretty hot, yes.

I used the following code but it did not solve the issue.
Code:
sudo gainroot
modprobe bq27x00_battery
echo bq27x00_battery >> /etc/modules
Does anybody have an idea of what can lead to such wrong values?

I'm using a modified version of the ideal profile (increased max limit from 850 to 900 MHz). Of course, when triggering the "Temperature" mode of the widget, the temperature is considered too high, so the max clock is set to 600 MHz. When triggering the "Ideal" button (corresponding to my modified ideal profile), it works but I can't benefit from the dynamic switch depending on temperature.

Perhaps I could delete some config files for my kernel to reset it? I don't even know where the modified profiles are stored.

Thanks in advance!

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Since a restoration using Backupmenu, my widget displays temperatures between 250 and 380 °C. It's pretty hot, yes.
[...]

Does anybody have an idea of what can lead to such wrong values?
Yes, the reason is: you use power kernel 47 and software you use to read temperature is not aware of it. Old kernel reported temperature in grades of Celsius, thus "30" meant 30C. The power-kernel 47 fixes this bug (as the 'old' way was improper and non-standard) and reports remperature in 0.1 grades of Celsius, thus "30" means now 3C. And "300" means 30C. And "280" means 28C. And "285" means 28.5C. So you basically need to divide the reported temperature by 10. So REAL_TEMPERATURE=TEMPERATURE/10, unless someone updates software you use to read temperature (conky?) to be compatible with power kernel 47.

Last edited by misiak; 2011-05-09 at 15:33. Reason: fixed many typos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Oh, thanks for your answer!

So do you know how I should edit the widget to make it take into account 0.1 grades instead of grades? Currently I think the widget is still made for grades, so when it detects a temperature ranging between 200 and 300 units, it must say "Whoo hoo mate, your phone is burning; you wan't me to overclock the CPU? No way!"

I'm speaking about the "Temperature" button of the widget.

Oh, thanks for your answer!

So do you know how I should edit the widget to make it take into account 0.1 grades instead of grades? Currently I think the widget is still made for grades, so when it detects a temperature ranging between 200 and 300 units, it must say "Whoo hoo mate, your phone is burning; you wan't me to overclock the CPU? No way!"

I'm speaking about the "Temperature" button of the widget.
I don't know how, because I don't know what widget you're talking about (I'm a little bit out of discussion in this thread, have read quickly all pages but still don't know). So, what's the name of widget/app you're talking about?

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
Well, this one. Sorry, this is the first of the thread so I did not think about the others further in the thread. My fault!

I use the version with battery indicator and min freq/max freq.

Well, this one. Sorry, this is the first of the thread so I did not think about the others further in the thread. My fault!

I use the version with battery indicator and min freq/max freq.
Well... I'm not sure of commands, but (install Leafpad first if you don't have it in your system or use other text editor if you're familiar with it):

STEP 1

Code:
root
leafpad /usr/local/bin/overclock
And add line which I entered below in bold:
#!/bin/sh
TEMP=`cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp`
TEMP=$((TEMP/10))
echo "Temp is :" $TEMP "C"
MAXSPEED="1150"
if [ $TEMP -gt "38" ] ; then MAXSPEED="1000" ; fi
if [ $TEMP -gt "40" ] ; then MAXSPEED="950" ; fi
if [ $TEMP -gt "43" ] ; then MAXSPEED="850" ; fi
if [ $TEMP -gt "45" ] ; then MAXSPEED="750" ; fi
if [ $TEMP -gt "47" ] ; then MAXSPEED="600" ; fi
echo "Setting max as :" $MAXSPEED "Mhz"

kernel-config limits 250 $MAXSPEED
you can also edit MAXSPEED values and temperatures if you need (you may already have different if you edited them earlier, I just posted ones from the default file from this thread).

STEP 2

Then, insted of importing that beecon_OCCP.txt or other beecon_OCCPsomethingsomething.txt file from this thread you should import one of the files I attached to this post (instruction is in http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=30 ). The change I made is:
Code:
echo -e "TEMPERATURE : <span font = \\"14\\"><b>`cat /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp` C</b></span>
to
Code:
echo -e "TEMPERATURE : <span font = \\"14\\"><b>`awk '{ print $1/10}' < /sys/class/power_supply/bq27200-0/temp` C</b></span>
(If you have this widget, you just need to do step 1 and step 2, no need to repeat the whole process from first post of this thread. I also contacted OP via PM to inform him he should change contents of files for future reference
Attached Files
File Type: txt beecon_OCCP.txt (2.5 KB, 127 views)
File Type: txt beecon_OCCP_Color_Status_temp+freq+batt+root.txt (3.2 KB, 164 views)
File Type: txt beecon_OCCP_min+batt.txt (2.7 KB, 127 views)
File Type: txt beecon_OCCP_minfreq.txt (2.6 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by misiak; 2011-05-10 at 00:32. Reason: Attached new version of all 4 files

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: