Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
I am unable to install the GLTron game. I know some months ago I was able, but now I can't. I have CSSU installed if that shows the cause to anybody.

I get:

Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
gltron: Depends: libgles1-sgx-img (>= 0.20090218.51+0m5) but it is not installable
Depends: libgles1 but it is not installable
E: Broken packages
Thanks in advance.

Posts: 265 | Thanked: 96 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Sydney, Australia
this might not work but its worth a shot anyway:
since it says it depends on libgles1, you can try and download that. so, download faster application manager (if you dont already have it) and go to download and click on the little C button. this will bring up a pop-up menu. scroll down and select show all packages and search for libgles1 and download it.
but i have gltron installed and i have cssu, strange....

The Following User Says Thank You to flipalong For This Useful Post:
Thanks flipalong but that didn't solve it, as it was the first thing I tried

However, I didn't know how to see the installed packages (not apps) and you have shown that to me. Because of that I realized I have installed libgles2-sgx-img, what is an upgraded version of the same library, but gltron depends on the previous one. I still don't know how to check which packages do depend on a single package. If I could do that (with 'dpkg' I suppose, but I haven't found the specific parameter for this purpose) I could check wether I can solve it by uninstalling the apps depending on that package (in case I don't care uninstalling them) or that library (the upgraded one) is a dependency for more important features, like CSSU or so.

I have no idea on porting or such, to build gltron again, but against this new library. I'm not even sure that this can be done.

I'll keep searching, but any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:
"Pheeewwww"... Many apps depend on that. I can't uninstall the package and install the previous version.
I'm stuck here...

Last edited by jpala16; 2011-05-09 at 13:55.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by jpala16 View Post
Because of that I realized I have installed libgles2-sgx-img, what is an upgraded version of the same library, [...]
NO NO NO! libgles2-sgx-img is a library giving your device OpenGL ES 2.0 support, while libgles1-sgx-img gives your device OpenGL ES 1.0 and OpenGL ES 1.1 support. 1.0/1.1 and 2.0 are different and NOT compatible libraries, so you should be able to install both of these libraries concurrently and they should happily coexist on device. You can always try opening good old terminal and type:
Code:
root
apt-get install libgles1 libgles1-sgx-img
It will use default package manager (not FAM), maybe this is the case (as these packages are made by Nokia and I remember that one time in the past when someone in FAM thread stated that it has problems with some Nokia-made packages like SSU updates etc.). After that try installing gltron again with FAM

Edit: if it says they are already installed and nothing to do, try "apt-get install --reinstall libgles1 libgles-sgx-img" instead)

Last edited by misiak; 2011-05-09 at 14:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post:
That could be misiak. I had commented Nokia repositories in order to make updating the repositories faster and less painful when connecting by other means than WiFi. I'm trying right now and will edit when finished.

EDIT:
Got it working. Thanks!

Last edited by jpala16; 2011-05-09 at 15:23.

Posts: 804 | Thanked: 1,598 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gdynia, Poland
Originally Posted by jpala16 View Post
I had commented Nokia repositories in order to make updating the repositories faster and less painful when connecting by other means than WiFi.
Yeah that sounds like the reason it cannot find this package By default you have libgles2 installed on N900, because that's recommended and fully supported from release data way of writing 3d apps for N900 (haha, I said fully supported :P), the libgles1 was released later AFAIK and is optional (it is installed from Nokia's repository only when some app requests it).

The Following User Says Thank You to misiak For This Useful Post: