Active Topics

Notices

Banned | Posts: 726 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Gravesend, UK
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
I get the same problem?? Mine all start at over 3.1mbps and slows down to 100 or so kbps. If i pause the download n start again it speeds up but then slows down. Big video's take yonks to download because of this?
Trust me, I've got reams and reams of videos downloaded from YouTube. Frickin' external Hard Drives full of them lol. Call me a hoarder!

......but these download speeds that you and the other guy are quoting are fairly normal. They start off really quickly, and then settle around the 100kb/s mark. Exactly the same happens on my Desktop PC with Firefox. It's the speed that YouTube serves up the videos. Not Cutetube or any other browser.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by natedog400 View Post
is there a way to forward through video's in moblie mode like you can in high quality via stock player? If i tap to fast forward in mobile playback it just starts the video from the begining? Thanks
It seems that the mobile stream is not seekable. There is nothing I can do about that, as it's the external media player that handles the stream.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Version 0.7.0 should be in extras-devel soon. Changelog:

* New menu system requiring fewer screen taps.
* Improved search.

There are also a few minor bug fixes etc.

Checking/unchecking items in the video list is now performed via a long-press on the item. You then perform the desired action by pressing the appropriate menu button. Simplez.

Some of the menu icons were a bit of a rush job, so I'll be producing some better icons when I get the time.

My website

GitHub

The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
OK Marxian, great job but I dont know how to select multiple videos to download/add/remove them?
Two things for me:
1. Of course if it's not problem for you, can you add small thing - REMOVE from favorites, playlist etc like in cutetube.
2. Here is a problem with subscriptions, when I go to unsubscrible something I get "error - server repsonse is: bad request"

That's it, if you can make it I'll be very thankful.

EDIT: I know how to select. Just these two things. Thanks.

EDIT 2: And can you add SELECT ALL in Archive it is easier to remove videos?

Last edited by Dante son of Sparda; 2011-05-08 at 10:56.

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by JamesBond@ge View Post
Trust me, I've got reams and reams of videos downloaded from YouTube. Frickin' external Hard Drives full of them lol. Call me a hoarder!

......but these download speeds that you and the other guy are quoting are fairly normal. They start off really quickly, and then settle around the 100kb/s mark. Exactly the same happens on my Desktop PC with Firefox. It's the speed that YouTube serves up the videos. Not Cutetube or any other browser.
so we just have to suck it up and live with it thanks for explaining why it happens

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I do not know whether it is already mentioned but I can not see all videos. I miss the functionality to search for more. Are there plans to implement this?
Or is it just me and am I to blind to see it?

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
so i know you said you stopped maintaining xtube, is this permanent? i've not used it in ages but after the latest update it seems to just not work, search appears to show results from regular youtube

Liking the progress being made on this. The use of QT was a great idea.

Having a little problem since updating to 0.7.0.
I normaly use KMPlayer to playback the videos but I've since noticed that if I play any videos that were downloaded with a previous version of cuteTube-QML the sound skips every so often whereas they played perfectly before. Seems to work fine in default media player.

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
....I've since noticed that if I play any videos that were downloaded with a previous version of cuteTube-QML the sound skips every so often whereas they played perfectly before. Seems to work fine in default media player.
Are you using pali's kernel-power47 by any chance?

There is discussion about audio distortions, skips, jumbles and possible cause in power47

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
Are you using pali's kernel-power47 by any chance?

There is discussion about audio distortions, skips, jumbles and possible cause in power47
Playing vids with KMPlayer and power47 works fine for me!

But has anyone else noted this strange effect that video playing with KMPlayer in background kind of shines through wallpaper on desktop (heavily pixeled)?
Does that mean that it is maybe somehow possible to get video playback on desktop/task switcher background with KMplayer?

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube