Active Topics

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
I apologize if posting about iOS custom keyboard here is just wrong.

iOS8 did not come with native keyboards for some of the Indian Language including my language Malayalam. Even though I didn't own or use any Apple devices, many of my friends requested me to create a keyboard for them. They were jealous that the keyboard was available everywhere except on their iPhone/iPad.

I ended up signing up, paying the annual developer tax, buying an Apple Macbook Pro and an iPad to test. Spent some $$$$ for things I don't use.

I will tell you even though I am not a big fan of OSX interface, I love its power management and battery performance.

I spent a lot of time to learn the new Swift language and finally completed Malayalam Keyboard and published it in Apple Store. Then I got a few requests for Gujarati and Telugu keyboard and I developed that as well and published them. They are all paid apps hoping to recover some of my expenses

Now I have a framework to develop basic keyboards that is compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The keyboard will be available system wide in all apps.

I would like to offer it to your friends (I know no one in this forum uses Apple stuff ) to have me develop a keyboard in their language, if it is not already available. No charge for you, but the apps I develop and publish will be paid apps. $0.99 or $1.99 depending on the complexity.

Currently Published iOS Keyboards
If you would like me to develop a iPhone/iPad custom keyboard for your language for you, please request it in this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to abyzthomas For This Useful Post:

Tags
custom keyboard, ios keyboard, ipad keyboard, iphone keyboard