Active Topics

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
has anyone logged a bug for this???? if not ill log one.

basically am i the only one or has anyone realized when running an app and you need to open the file manager within the app for example petrovich or finding attachments for an email, the file manager is super slow?? it almost feels like it runs at a very slow frame rate and is very unresponsive!

if you need me to clarify further I can if you don't understand.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to felbutss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Mine works fine. Can you please include what programs you have installed and for how long you've had this issue (also what happened around the time you noticed this issue), and maybe someone who's good at debugging may be able to help

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Is this when browsing any folder, or just some particular folders?

Posts: 676 | Thanked: 1,067 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Kyiv, Ukraine
It affects any folder in my case and I also have very wild filtering behaviour: filenames are jumping around with crazy speed for about a second.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to int_ua For This Useful Post:
Had the same some time ago. Blamed it at CSSU then (as it did also make camera borked), but testing latest CSSU, it doesn't seem to come back. Can you guys list your KP/CSSU versions? Just to make sure it is not from the critical components' old versions. I would also suggest removing widgets (after reflash i was very wary of installing those and giving each a 2-3 days quarantine checking battery usage etc) one by one and seeing if that helps, only known solution by me is reflash sadly. This is a serious issue. Pinpointing the culprit would be beneficial for all possible recipients

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
I'm using stock kernel and CSSU 21.2011.38-1maemo1.2 from Testing. What kernel did you use when you had slowness and what are you using now?
Do you want me posting versions of all related packages?

But how could widgets affect filemanager and file selections dialog? I'm not sure they can't but the scheme should be very interesting
I have one desktop only but it's all filled with widgets (including DrLaunch which I modified myself to stabilize it a bit)

46 at the time, on 49 currently. Know testing widgets was causing me a lot of other issues and uninstalling didn't help, had to load backups. No idea what was the main cause, if I hit the problem again might have better idea (not installing everything available anymore)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
It became ~1.5 times faster when I switched to the default icons and default theme.