Posts: 100 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bristol, UK
Hello everyone! I was using my n900 today and all a sudden i realise it just does not detect my original headset (which came in boxed). I tried restarting my phone (didnt work) reflashing my phone (didnt work) reflashing with emmc (didnt work) install and uninstalled different codecs (didnt work). If i connect other headphone (not headset) my n900 detects it flawlessly but when i connect only my nokia n900 headset, it just doesnt recognise it I have no options left. please help!

PS: im new to maemo but im a quick learner so please dont get frustrated :P

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Return your headphone for replacement?

If i plug my headphone in my laptop, they work perfectly. I just noticed, If i plug in any other headphone in my n900 and take it out and put the original headset in really really quickly, it works :S I think this means there is some kind of a software problem right?

any ideas?

try other headset, it can be your phone

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
It's a long shot but this worked for me once when I had a problem. Change your profile from either general to silent (or vice versa depending what it is now), then try connecting the headphones. If this works, just switch the profile back and you are back to normal.

@clasificado: I dont have any other headsets

@LaptopU: I just tried what you asked me to but it didnt work.

This is really annoying

oh btw, I upgraded my phone to the leaked PR1.2 earlier (I know that was really studpid of me :S ) but now i have downgraded it. Do you guyz think this problem might be because i installed PR1.2 (leaked) ?

I have exactly the same problem though I havent installed PR1.2 so I dont think its cause of that.
I took the headset to nokia service and it came back with message that its ok. I tried it in the shop but didnt work, again the headset was sent back to nokia... Still waiting to get it back.

@hannu: i dont think there is any problem with the headset. I hope anyone can come up with a solution i so want this to work!

Other headset work for me so dont really know what is the problem...