I'm on PR 1.2 and I tried to install the latest version of SwipeManager (0.0.3, although I don't think this is a SwipeManager issue) over the older 0.0.2. It was taking a long time to check for packages that need to be installed so I cancelled it, and now when I try to install anything I get:

"Unable to start operation. Refreshing cache. Please Wait"

Any help would be appreciated.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago

I had the same problem trying to install the fMobi update. Workaround is restarting the phone. It's a PR 1.2 bug of some kind, I think.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 488 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ USA around Chicago
Originally Posted by solatic View Post
I had the same problem trying to install the fMobi update. Workaround is restarting the phone. It's a PR 1.2 bug of some kind, I think.
I tried restarting, but did not help.

Try installing a new app and confirm you are not getting this error after restart.

I applied all app updates (successfully, without any errors) after the PR 1.2. Is this happening to people who did not apply the app updates after the PR1.2 or only who applied the app updates?

I did apply the app updates as well.

Not all restarts fix it... I restarted a couple times before it worked.

I have a feeling that when they fixed the bug in 1.2 to allow the phone to automatically query the Ovi Store for updates, the phone puts a lock on some cache (i.e. list of applications that have updates). Since the query never times out, the lock is never removed, and a subsequent request to the cache returns a deadlock error, which prevents the download from happening. If you manage to try and download the update before the phone requests for updates on its own, then you sidestep the issue.

At least that's my educated guess.

edit: please merge with main thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=82699

Last edited by solatic; 2012-03-01 at 21:31.

Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by abyzthomas View Post
I tried restarting, but did not help.

Try installing a new app and confirm you are not getting this error after restart.

I applied all app updates (successfully, without any errors) after the PR 1.2. Is this happening to people who did not apply the app updates after the PR1.2 or only who applied the app updates?
I successfuly applied all trhe updates after PR1.2, and now get the error when trying to install new apps.

I also installed all app updates after installing PR 1.2, then the next thing I tried to install was SwipeManager 0.0.3 (NOT through the Ovi Store as that version is 0.0.2, but manually).

Thanks for the note on the bugtracker, I'll vote for it and also in the mean time try restarting a few times and see if that clears it.

Last edited by rajveer; 2012-03-01 at 23:51.

Ever since this issue, my phone has been acting very slow. In most apps the UI is usually quite jerky and not like it was before (scrolling lists, swiping between apps/homescreens e.t.c). Does anyone experience this?

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Prague, Czech republic

Originally Posted by Dan_F View Post
This solution helped me.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...2&postcount=12
I get "No Such File or directory" when I try that - anyone know why?