Active Topics

Notices

i deleted the transitions.ini file in usr/share/hildon desktop/ so that the fatal error message displayed by cssu configurator can stop...now the phone is in reboot loop....is there a way to save the device or reflashing is the only way..plzz help

I messed around with the transition.ini only way I could resolve it was by reflashing

Same here... Backing up after the reflash now...
I even got into R&D mode but since Hildon was out of order, I couldn't do anything...

Did you have backupmenu installed, and, if so, could you use it to gain SSH access to the device?

Unfortunately not...

I'll install it this time...

got the same problem while messing with "transitions.ini"... altho my Nitdroiid ws still working but i wasn't able to access the file(or is there any way to fix it via file fanager like Astro)..
"the only thing that helped me was formatting"
maybe someone i'l provide you a better solution

Posts: 298 | Thanked: 197 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
NITDroid is a nice way to fix such problems. I managed to repair my system with that, only that you have to use a pesky on-screen keyboard for it to work.
You just get a terminal in NITDroid, enable Hacker's keyboard and start vi'ing into the /mnt/ubifs folder.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
I think i read someone managed to call xterm via the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-Shift-X) and with the terminal open it wouldn't reboot and they could re-add the transitions.ini file. Might be worth a try.

It won't reboot when n900 is plugged as a usb mass storage device. It worked for me and gave me the time to browse my n900 content.

Last edited by oXun; 2011-09-15 at 06:04.