Active Topics

Hi!

As the topic says I was kinda bored one day and decided to install meego on my device..Didn't really go as planned

Im now trying to reflash back to maemo with no luck what so ever. The device is charging, and i can barley see its trying to load meego whenever i connect it holding the U-key. But ubuntu is still waiting for suitable usbdevice...soooo, anyone have any idea what to try next? or is it gone for good?

update.
Since my first post lacks alot of information:

Tried to follow the guide from http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Insta..._back_to_maemo . No go.

Tried a cold flash and warm flash.

But the problem seems to be with the usb connection. The phone led is a steady yellow(not blinking) whenever it gets connected to wallcharger or computer and will stay like that untill meego decides to reboot. When i connect it to a ubuntupc the meegokernel doesnt start loading asap, as it apperently should from what i read on the wiki (plugging the USB cable in the device results in the MeeGo OS loading up without a delay to allow the emmc to be flashed.) When i use my win7 64bit it loads immediately.

That makes me think is has some sort of connection.

Last edited by oets; 2012-01-13 at 17:36.

try something called a cold flash

# If warm flashing fails, try to switch off the power from the Maemo device, remove the USB cable and try again from the beginning.
# If cold flashing fails, try to warm flash the Maemo device first using the same FIASCO image. After that try cold flashing again. NB cold flashing is rarely ever needed and not recommended for end users. It's meant only to recover from a defect or outdated NOLO bootloader.

Tried it, unfortunately no go:-( Its still waiting for a suitable device..

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Did you try the instructions on the wiki page?

As a result of MeeGo being flashed onto the emmc, a reader of the Updating the Firmware page of the maemo wiki and in particular the section concerning flashing the emmc would come to the conclusion that the emmc must be flashed first, followed by the FIASCO/rootfs image. However this will not work. For some reason plugging the USB cable in the device results in the MeeGo OS loading up without a delay to allow the emmc to be flashed.

My solution was to flash the FIASCO/rootfs first, followed by the emmc, and then to reflash the FIASCO/rootfs again (in order to heed the warnings given in the wiki).

Make sure to leave off the -R the first time you flash the FIASCO/rootfs otherwise the device will reboot into maemo without you having flashed the emmc.

All the commands for this process are in the Updating the Firmware wiki.

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Did you try the instructions on the wiki page?
yep, updated the first post as it lacks information.

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by oets View Post
The device is charging, and i can barley see its trying to load meego whenever i connect it holding the U-key.
Uhmm.. you're supposed to boot it holding the U key, not connect holding it. Power the device off, remove then re-insert battery (just to be sure it's off), then hold the U key and plug in the USB cable. (You may also have to actually use the power key, if it doesn't start when you insert the USB cable.)

Holding the U key while powering up causes the device to go into a different mode. But if you already have something loaded (even partially) it does nothing unless the thing loaded notices it and reacts accordingly.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 412 | Thanked: 480 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Bronx, NY
If standard flash fails it may take a lot of tries to get it to kick in. Cold flashing is even harder may take 20 or more attempts. There is also rescue initrd and palis' cold flasher

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...1&postcount=11

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=80840

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike Fila For This Useful Post:
seems like it needs a hell a lot of kicking too!

Could it be that the keyboard and other buttons isnt working?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73076

thats what i said to that guy same problem, am not sure how he made it work though?

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73076

thats what i said to that guy same problem, am not sure how he made it work though?
really hoped this fix would work..but still the exact same problem *sadface*

Takes about 1 min before the phone seems to figure out its connected.

Anyone of you guys live in norway so i can send the phone by mail?