Active Topics

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ finland
Yes, its nice. But more than once i wished i could blend out the virtual keyboard to get real estate for the actual context.

is there a consumerfriendly trick to blend out the
keyboard temporarily? (fullscreen/nofullsceen doesnt seem to influence it)

if no

is there a consumer unfriendly/nerdy/any way to get rid of that virtual keyboard while it is not required to type?

thanks for your inspirations folks.

zool

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hong Kong, CHINA
Just swipe down, starting and ending the swipe in the vkbd. Works for me on N950 beta2.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mdengler For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ finland
Originally Posted by mdengler View Post
Just swipe down, starting and ending the swipe in the vkbd. Works for me on N950 beta2.
to be more specific: the swipe(or flick) has to start below the grey tool bar area on the virtual keyboard - only then it does work.

Once you know that, it is no problem at all.

Thank you. very much for the speedy answer!

You can also pinch to zoom the content to decrease font size and get more content.

The Following User Says Thank You to recluse For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Somewhere in Europe
I was surprised that the terminal is relatively usable even with the virtual keyboard. But what I'm really missing is some quicker way to switch the tool bar. Instead of going to the menu through transparent menu icon, it would be great to have another transparent icon for direct toolbar switching.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by cube48 View Post
I was surprised that the terminal is relatively usable even with the virtual keyboard. But what I'm really missing is some quicker way to switch the tool bar. Instead of going to the menu through transparent menu icon, it would be great to have another transparent icon for direct toolbar switching.
You can change the toolbar by swiping horizontally across the main area (not the keyboard).

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post: