as ive said, i reflashed the phone loads of times. when it restarts afters its done, it comes up with the date and time setup. all of my old installed apps are gone and it all looks like a new phone. untill i look in my file manager. and everythings still there.
the main reason why i did all of this is because when ever i install a app from app manager it say i got no space. this is even when i did a reflash.
i reflashed and just put -f at the end of the command in maemoflasher 3.5 to reflash both.
im a noob to linux but have been looking around on the forum for a bout a year now to solve all my old problems so have had to need to register till now.
thanks kev.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010

thats what i followed to flash my phone in the first place.i wouldnt waste any bodys time if there somthing in there i didnt already do.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by nbkbobman View Post
thats what i followed to flash my phone in the first place.i wouldnt waste any bodys time if there somthing in there i didnt already do.
You did the eMMC as well then?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
If your old files are still there we can be pretty sure you haven't flashed the eMMC. You need to flash both the eMMC and the FIASCO (rootfs) image one after the other, read it again, it is in there.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
as well as reflashing the rootfs? i didnt know there was a as well as? lol. i only downloaded one .bin file. sorry for being a noob. il get there in 10 years
thanks kev.

Posts: 939 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ U.K.
i've heard, you do emmc first then root second with no restart inbetween?

sorry didn't read right have tried to delete DOH!!

Last edited by corduroysack; 2011-03-16 at 20:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to corduroysack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
I done it as per wiki, it works fine. I'm not sure it actually matters which way round you do it so long as you don't boot up the N900 in between flashing each image.

The Following User Says Thank You to retsaw For This Useful Post:
sorry. you can all ignore me. im being stupid. i didnt realise that reflashing the rootfs and eMMC were done in two different boots. its not to clear to noobs like me, il try not to waste anybodys time next time round. at lease someone can read this and not make the same silly mistake as me. thanks for all the fast replys.
kev.

*EDIT. sorry not two different boots. i ment two different flash stages*

Last edited by nbkbobman; 2011-03-16 at 20:36.

So, what does the "clear device" button do under the settings menu?

Tags
bada rox