Notices

Hello,
I'm trying to replace battery low alert sound to a custom one. So I went to /usr/share/sounds/ and replaced ui-battery_low.wav sound with the one I want. However, when the battery reaches critical level, the sound is played with a little echo. How can I avoid it? The same file is played flawlessly with the default N900 media player.

Did anyone have the same problem before?

The Following User Says Thank You to siN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i did the same with many system sound but did not face any problem like you....

why dont you try to encode .wav file with diffrent converter

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

can you suggest any?
AVS4YOU export twice bigger WAV (doesn't play when alert) file than sony vegas (works with alert but with echo). microsoft completly screwed up default recording tool that was flawless in XP so i can't export to wav from there, and audacity is unstable and crashing when exporting to WAV on win7..

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i think audacity good for any type of audio,,,,you can try diffrent version of audacity(get it from filehippo.com)

also you can remove echo using vegas or audacity as you are already aware of too many converter i think you can solve it your self

if not you can upload your .wav file to test on my device i will do it for you whenever i am free

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
try waveosaur. It's a fine little audio software.

here is the file: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/296...l_critical.mp3

remember, the file plays great thru media player, only when the battery is indeed low then it has that noticable little echo.. see for urself, it plays diffrently. at least on my n900..

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by siN900 View Post
here is the file: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/296...l_critical.mp3

remember, the file plays great thru media player, only when the battery is indeed low then it has that noticable little echo.. see for urself, it plays diffrently. at least on my n900..
Isn't it too long for low batt notification? Even on Media player i hear the little echo.