Active Topics

Notices

http://www.apple.com/ios/ at this link you can see a new feature that you can assign ringtones for sms groups! cool aint it..it would be great if someone build an extension for contacts for sms ringtones assigned individually or to groups?/ what you people think?

I've seen this on other phones, by the by. Used it on my old Blackberry 9700.

The Following User Says Thank You to mattbutsko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I think I had this on my Palm Treo (circa 2003).
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
I have to say, Apple are absolutely incredible. They manage to make their users think that old concepts are brilliant new innovations. I suppose iPhone users should be happy that Apple do *eventually* add basic functionality though.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to llBlackenedll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Just in case people are not being ironic, there is and it's caled mycontacts - search the forums for the thread. It's a great app.

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by gazza_d View Post
Just in case people are not being ironic, there is and it's caled mycontacts - search the forums for the thread. It's a great app.
I was gonna say... do people just not look at that entire list that appears if you press the "Download"/"Install applications" button to bring up the list of apps that you can still install in the app manager? We've had an app like that for months.

people im talking of app to assign message ringtones to contacts!!

Originally Posted by rebelnoob View Post
people im talking of app to assign message ringtones to contacts!!

i don't get what you mean??? message ringtones??? mycontacts allows you to assign any ringtone of choice to specific contacts or groups. Do you mean that the iphone has different file formats for message tones, and ringtones?? well we don't so they're interchangeable.

edit: oh i get it now, u mean that sms's from different contacts will have different tones.

yeah now you understand... its a nice feature and requires a small app if some dev is interested!!