Active Topics

Well, I've managed to make a pretty big mess of my n900, I've given it to repairs and they've said its unfixable due to damage to the motherboard. The mic has stopped working and the usb also, so I'm in need of new motherboard, does anybody have a clue where I could find this? or anybody selling a n900 with broken screen or anything at all?

Or any other solutions?

thanks in advance.

Posts: 500 | Thanked: 437 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Oklahoma
Originally Posted by pharaoh92 View Post
Well, I've managed to make a pretty big mess of my n900, I've given it to repairs and they've said its unfixable due to damage to the motherboard. The mic has stopped working and the usb also, so I'm in need of new motherboard, does anybody have a clue where I could find this? or anybody selling a n900 with broken screen or anything at all?

Or any other solutions?

thanks in advance.
Used N900 and even new N900 can be found on eBay, in Amazon. If the price point is agreeable to you why go through the process switching motherboards?

a new one is now $300. not sure if its worth the pain and suffering of a used, broken unit for $150 and seeing if it will work.

Good luck!

hmm, thanks for the suggestions! Just gotta wait for a cheap n900 to come along.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by roger_27 View Post
a new one is now $300. not sure if its worth the pain and suffering of a used, broken unit for $150 and seeing if it will work.

Good luck!
Thats true, but if you can find a mobo for $50-$100 its worth just changing the mobo and not spending more money if you dont have to. Its ridiculously easy to disassemble the n900 and change out what you need, the problem is availability of parts.

I've been searching for a motherboard for my n900 since the USB port got damaged. I sent it in for repair, even told them to fix it anyway, even if warranty didnt cover it, but it was "unrepairable" when I got it back, i opened it up and realized how true that fact was. It would be almost impossible to solder those tiny little contacts...which is a shame. The best and last good Nokia device: N900. RIP