Active Topics

Hi. Like a lot of people posting on this forum this weekend, my n770 came in yesterday from woot. I have to say, this device is truly amazing.

I was able to install OS 2007 HE on it without a lot of problems. Was able to get a terminal and install the ssh server, so tinkering with it becomes easy as I can do it now from my mac.

I have a few things that I would like to fix. It would be great if someone could just provide simple steps on how to do it.

1) The media player refuses to play anything but internet streams (i found a fix to the problem of internet radio not playing). When I try to play video/audio, it says 'media codec not supported'. Can anyone provide a workaround to this ?

I went through http://maemo.org/community/wiki/Os2007On770 and tried to do what is suggested under 'Multimedia and plugins'. How do you 'Remove N800 version and make a symlink' ? I saw that all files had so.0.0 or so.0.0.0. The second command, when run, returned $OLD/usr/lib/libgstdsp{audio,video}* could not be found. Then i downloaded the suggested patch and try to run that, nothing happened.

There must be an easier way to play audio/video on the Hacker Edition right ?

2) I want to use my bluetooth headset for my internet calls. Installed gizmo, and it works like a charm. Now I want to use my headset to make the calls.

3) I was trying to patch the dsp thing specified on the same wiki page as above, but i think i accidentally deleted $OLD/lib/dsp . any ideas on where i can get the file ?

I'm sure i'll have more questions later when I play with the device more, but for now, those are the things i want to do on it ASAP.

Thanks.