Active Topics

Hi,

Does anyone know when the Nokia QT SDK will be update so apps can be developed using the QT Mobility API?

Thanks

Do you need especifically Nokia Qt SDK?

Maybe MADDE its your choice if you need the new interface right now

Yes, the Nokia QT SDK. Works fine unless you want to use some features of QT Mobility (missing header files).

According to http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?p=732981 an update will be soon, I was just wondering if anyone else knew when, or if a workaround was availible.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Hopefully next week.

And a workaround would be to download mobility for Maemo yourself and replace the older version with the newer files.

Last edited by nath; 2010-05-26 at 13:53.

I was using the beta sdk last night and hit "updater" via the help menu just for the lark, and it mentions a few packages were available to update. I remember QT mobility was mentioned in one of the packages. Unfortunately Im at work and cant confirm the package for you, but if you havent already tried it then you might want to try it now and see if it's what you're waiting for.

Cybot950 - Control a robot with your N9/N950
SMSPetFeeder - Build a Bluetooth/SMS dog feeder with Qt, N950, and arduino
Nerf950 - Use your N9/N950 to fire a Nerf gun

The Following User Says Thank You to kojacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
I was using the beta sdk last night and hit "updater" via the help menu just for the lark, and it mentions a few packages were available to update. I remember QT mobility was mentioned in one of the packages. Unfortunately Im at work and cant confirm the package for you, but if you havent already tried it then you might want to try it now and see if it's what you're waiting for.
No, it is not as only the Mobility for the Simulator was updated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nath For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
It seems neither this nor the PyQt4 packages are ready to use mobility yet. I hope that both are ready soon...QtMobility really lets you dive into the guts of the N900 (or other platforms!) without having to deal with DBus (documentation for which is very hard to find).

I am looking forward to using either one. I have subscribed to this thread, so if anyone hears that the update that lets us use mobility is available, please post here!

Does anybody know what is my problem when i run Qt Mobility multimedia RadioTuner- example. Compiling itīs ok. My N900 device got following error: "RadioTuner: symbol lookup error: undefined symbol: _ZN10QtMobility21QMediaServiceProvider22defaultSer viceProvider"
What is problem now?

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mumbai, India and Amherst, USA (Current Location)
PR 1.3 will bring Qt mobility to N900.

http://wiki.maemo.org/What_can_we_re..._5_release_.3F

The Following User Says Thank You to resplendent2209 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
Thanks, resplendent2209...I will not worry about mobility for now, and find what I need in the weeds of DBus (which, incidentally, I shouldn't complain about. DBus is an awesome tool. I am just having trouble finding documentation on where to read the info I want.)