Active Topics

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to run some of the NeoPwn penetration testing tools without actually installing a new kernel or making other drastic changes to my N900.

Assuming I do not need Wi-Fi injection at the moment, can I simply run some of the tools from the NeoPwn package directly on the N900 with the Power Kernel?

Last edited by mail_e36; 2010-10-10 at 20:47.

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Monitor Mode is already in the Power Kernel, so you can run Kismet. I'm sure anything else that doesn't use injection can be, and has been, run on the N900 even before NeoPwn went private-beta.

I am aware of the various security-related tools that were available prior to the NeoPwn beta, but I am wondering if any of the newly ported tools by NeoPwn could be used on the N900 without installing the NeoPwn kernel.

These tools should already be in ARM (v7) format, I am especially interested in tools like NetDiscover (http://nixgeneration.com/~jaime/netdiscover/). NetDiscover is listed on the NeoPwn software list:

http://www.neopwn.com/software.php

Well, honestly, I don't know about all of them. I am pretty sure, for instance, that the metasploit framework was ported to the N900 before. It's definitely not available here, but I've seen it elsewhere. Couple of other tools, I think, were also ported over to the N900 without being released here in the repos. Not much else I can personally tell you though. Not my field of expertise.

Thanks for your response anyway, yes Metasploit is available on the N900 independent of NeoPwn.

Can anyone else chime in on this?

Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Well, honestly, I don't know about all of them. I am pretty sure, for instance, that the metasploit framework was ported to the N900 before. It's definitely not available here, but I've seen it elsewhere. Couple of other tools, I think, were also ported over to the N900 without being released here in the repos. Not much else I can personally tell you though. Not my field of expertise.

One surprise coming up for you in a little bit

Girlfriend called me half way through, else the above post wouldn't exist and I would have presented you with this.

http://www.knownokia.ca/2010/10/quic...r-on-n900.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Not that I can use this to much effect, Linux newbness and all, but you get a thanks for being awesome enough to port it anyway. What's the chance of you submitting it to the repositories here? (Just because it's more convenient if my N900 dies and needs reflashing again - and more people get access to it.)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
I'll be honest, chances are slim. I don't have the time to sit down and fight with autobuilder right now.

I am sure once I start getting larger and more complex port/compile requests, I'll eventually get it working like a well-oiled machine and push everything into extras-devel repo.

Until then, sorry to say, but most of this stuff stays on my dev box until it's asked for :P

The Following User Says Thank You to hawaii For This Useful Post:
Quick off-topic question: I notice your theme has a white icon for the battery: Is there a place in the theme folder you can put those, or does that theme store them in

~/.local/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon

or

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/hildon ? If you don't know off the top of your head don't worry about going out of your way to checking - I can mess around with it myself anyway.